31-Aug-2009: Stadio Friuli-Udine, Italy - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

MeriCri

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
is that miller I see in the very middle front of the 2nd pic?
Yes he was ... I think he made some shooting and took some pics ....
Around the stage B there was Phill as well, he filmed Chris during Lovers in Japan...

:)

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
Weeee... I can see myself on your pics... :D :D :D
Im writing review so Ill need about 30 minutes. And pics later...

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
So my whole Coldplay adventure began on Sunday when I came to Rijeka (its a city from where my bus was leaving to Udine). I could sleep at all that night, too :mad:
Anyway at 1pm on beautiful Monday we started what later became the best day of my life... :D
We came to Udine around 4.20pm and as I said few times before that was too late. When we got in line there where 1000 people in front of us. While we waited this journalist came to me and asked if I can give him an interview for some Italian radio station. I was in such a great mood that I gave an interview (I felt like I was someone important :D)
We got to the gate 20 min later. Got in and rush down on the field but there were already so many people so NO FRONT (or anything close) ROW!!!! The side where Guy stands was in the shadow so it was full! So we end up on the Jonny's side of the stage. We were in lets say 7th row. But when people stood up we were 3rd row and I was so crazy... It was too much for me I shook so much (you know how it is).
Ministri some Italian band was first. Did not like them...
Then White Lies came out. They were pretty good but there was something wrong with their mics so there was a lot of unwanted noise. They were done and now it was 40minutes or so and THEY WILL BE OUT!!!!
Magnificent started I was out of the place. The Jay-Z's song (dont know its name). And the dancing roadie came out and dance on that part of the stage that was near us. He was really good.
Ooh yeah before all that that black thingy that falls down when they come out, FELL before they came. :( But never mind that.
And than it started. And I was so crazy excited. I finally realized that Im on their concert after sooo much waiting!!!!!!!! I wont go trough the whole set list. But Chris and Jonny were soooo near us... Chris danced on our part of the stage during Fix You and In my place (I think. I was way to excited to remember everything) and Viva La Vida and Lover in Japan with that umbrella. :D :D :D
During The Hardest Part he started to play and then stopped and said that that was it. We all laughed! On Death and all his friends he messed up lyrics. :D :D :D During Lovers in Japan the wind blew and all the butterflies went to the other side and I didnt catch any. But that was not my end with butterflies I had a bag just for them and I would not leave empty handed.
B stage was really far from us so we watched on the screen. Will had some kind of hat :nice:. But he was really cute.
In the end Guy came to our part of the stage I screamed so much and that was were my voice finally broke. They came back to encore and when The Escapist started that was it. I knew it that was the end, the end of the best night of my life. Back to butterflies. I pushed my way to the frot and asked the nice security guy to put few butterflies into my bag so he did. And I have lots and lots of them :D :D :D.
I got my LRLRL cd. I bought Life in technicolor t-shirt. And it was great. I was so perfect. And as someone form C&C&friends thread once told me that when you see them live your love to them grows to a whole new level and my really really did. I cant believe it but it did.

Sorry if its too big, but this was my day and I wanted to share it with you. :D :D :D

Pics later...

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
So my whole Coldplay adventure began on Sunday when I came to Rijeka (its a city from where my bus was leaving to Udine). I could sleep at all that night, too :mad:
Anyway at 1pm on beautiful Monday we started what later became the best day of my life... :D
We came to Udine around 4.20pm and as I said few times before that was too late. When we got in line there where 1000 people in front of us. While we waited this journalist came to me and asked if I can give him an interview for some Italian radio station. I was in such a great mood that I gave an interview (I felt like I was someone important :D)
We got to the gate 20 min later. Got in and rush down on the field but there were already so many people so NO FRONT (or anything close) ROW!!!! The side where Guy stands was in the shadow so it was full! So we end up on the Jonny's side of the stage. We were in lets say 7th row. But when people stood up we were 3rd row and I was so crazy... It was too much for me I shook so much (you know how it is).
Then White Lies came out. They were pretty good but there was something wrong with their mics so there was a lot of unwanted noise. They were done and now it was 40minutes or so and THEY WILL BE OUT!!!!
Magnificent started I was out of the place. The Jay-Z's song (dont know its name). And the dancing roadie came out and dance on that part of the stage that was near us. He was really good.
Ooh yeah before all that that black thingy that falls down when they come out, FELL before they came. :( But never mind that.
And than it started. And I was so crazy excited. I finally realized that Im on their concert after sooo much waiting!!!!!!!! I wont go trough the whole set list. But Chris and Jonny were soooo near us... Chris danced on our part of the stage during Fix You and In my place (I think. I was way to excited to remember everything) and Viva La Vida and Lover in Japan with that umbrella. :D :D :D
During The Hardest Part he started to play and then stopped and said that that was it. We all laughed! On Death and all his friends he messed up lyrics. :D :D :D During Lovers in Japan the wind blew and all the butterflies went to the other side and I didnt catch any. But that was not my end with butterflies I had a bag just for them and I would not leave empty handed.
B stage was really far from us so we watched on the screen. Will had some kind of hat :nice:. But he was really cute.
In the end Guy came to our part of the stage I screamed so much and that was were my voice finally broke. They came back to encore and when The Escapist started that was it. I knew it that was the end, the end of the best night of my life. Back to butterflies. I pushed my way to the frot and asked the nice security guy to put few butterflies into my bag so he did. And I have lots and lots of them :D :D :D.
I got my LRLRL cd. I bought Life in technicolor t-shirt. And it was great. I was so perfect. And as someone form C&C&friends thread once told me that when you see them live your love to them grows to a whole new level and my really really did. I cant believe it but it did.

Sorry if its too big, but this was my day and I wanted to share it with you. :D :D :D

Pics later...
Awwwwwwww, Antonia that was a great review :dance: I'm so so SO glad you had a great time even though you didn't make it to front row, plus you were still pretty damn close!!! :dance: I got all teary eyed reading it, it finally happened for you!! :hug: :hug: :kiss:
And helloo!! You're miss big shot now, doing interviews and everything! :lol:

Now, where are those piccies?? :whip:

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
Awwwwwwww, Antonia that was a great review :dance: I'm so so SO glad you had a great time even though you didn't make it to front row, plus you were still pretty damn close!!! :dance: I got all teary eyed reading it, it finally happened for you!! :hug: :hug: :kiss:
And helloo!! You're miss big shot now, doing interviews and everything! :lol:

Now, where are those piccies?? :whip:
Uploading them on my FB profile.

And yeah it was my first concert and Im already a star... :D :D :D

edit. Do not expect great pics. I was so crazy I jumped the whole time.

Crests

tiger! fire! cyber!
Coldplayer
I hope you all took lots of Jonny pictures like I told you too :whip:

Great reviews, make me wish I was there :wacky:

CPRani

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer

Pics later...
Aw, Antonia, I got goosebumps reading this :D! Thanks for sharing :D.

Jsalyers

1 2 3 Will
Coldplayer

Pics later...
Antonia, im so glad you had a great time:dance: The first concert is always the best:nice: Plus an interview with a reporter:thumbsup:
And you got all your butterflys and everything, you should make something with them:D

So happy the you got to experience it:hug::kiss:

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
Hahahahahaha, ohh there you are Antonia!! :lol: See, you even made it to a random guy's video, you're on your way to stardom :charming: :p
And don't worry about the pics, we all go crazy!! :D I still wanna see them though!! :dance:

Ziggy

Champion 4 Will
Coldplayer
thank you

Thanks to everyone who posted reviews, videos and pics. Wish I'd been there too!

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
I was just taking a look at the previous pages :p
This is a great video :D Look at Will go :wideeyed:

YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida - CHRIS MARTIN SHOW (CRAZY LYING DOWN!)

Can't wait until we hear from some peeps :D
This vid is absolutely amazing, the crowd looks SO into it!! :dance:
And I gotta say, I want this persons camera!! So far away, yet the image was pretty clear, amazing zoom!! :stunned:
This one I love :heart: What were those two up to?? :lol:
Maybe Chris was trying to make Guy sing this time?? :p Idk, but besides being a great vid, it's pretty damn funny :D
Love Mr B's smile :wacky:
aaanyway I managed to get hold of a setlist from the same roadie who gave it me in Dublin last year and to whom I said to have one ready for me in Wembley :p
Hahahaha, great :D Hope that made them realize what's gonna be waiting fo them there, a sea of coldplayers!! :dance:

CookyMnstr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Awww Antonia...that review was great...it also made me teary-eyed in happiness for you!!!:hug: Woohoooo, a Coldplay-show virgin no more!!!!! No let's get you to show-ho status, baby!:sneaky: