31-Aug-2009: Stadio Friuli-Udine, Italy - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
Awww Antonia...that review was great...it also made me teary-eyed in happiness for you!!!:hug: Woohoooo, a Coldplay-show virgin no more!!!!! No let's get you to show-ho status, baby!:sneaky:
Im gonna need few more shows to be show-ho but I love it that Im finally over that Coldplay-show virgin status!

_petra_

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
As I said before the yesterday’s concert really was fantastic.
But from the beginning.

My friends and I arrived at Udine at around 9 am. There were quite few people already queuing. We then sat and waited and waited and waited. I never find waiting difficult but this time … well it was so hot, too hot. I didn’t want to drink too much cause I was afraid that during the concert I’ll have to go to the loo. I became slightly depressed but I kept saying to myself that after the concert I won’t even remember that part. Then around 3pm we could hear White Lies doing the sound check and I got in the better mood. Then around 4pm the gates opened. When I entered the stadium I was standing on the top of the seating area. I was so confused but then saw that I have to run down the stairs and around lots of barriers … I got their, few people were already there …I could stand in the front row in front of Chris but there was place just for one person and I didn’t want to be separated from my friends so I went more to the right (my point of the view). Honestly I was a bit disappointed but I had a great view there as well 

Around 7 pm Ministri started playing. They were an Italian indie rock band. My favourite type of music is indie rock so I liked them. I only didn’t like the part that they were singing in Italian (well I only like English lyrics). Nice one anyway!
Then White Lies came on the stage. I completely adore them. They definitely warmed me up ;) While I was singing and dancing along some people around me were giving me strange looks :S What a supporting band!
Ooh and before their performance Miller came on stage he was adjusting some sort of camera I think  And I could see behind some curtains … and there was Arlene going around. 

And then … woooooo  The moment we were waiting for.
Well The usual 3 songs first to warm up the crowd and then Life in Technicolor …
I believe you’ve heard that Italian fans were organizing choreography with balloons and crowns. We were all waving with balloons before guys came on stage. And then they came and I think that they completely loved it. Maybe it was just me but I saw how they were all laughing (in a good way) and rocking the LiT.

Then they played Violet Hill and people were singing along like crazy. Behind me there were three people who were really upset. They didn’t like it that others were jumping, screaming … weird! Then they asked securities if they can get them out- I was happy when they left cause then the real party started :p

There setlist didn’t bring anything new so Clocks followed. I fell in love with Coldplay back then when I first heard that song. So, hearing it live … I have teary eyes even now. AMAZING

I’m not sure but I think that after Clocks Chris talked a bit. I can’t speak Italian, so somebody else will have to tell what he said. Well he was saying “grazia mille” (hope spelling is correct) a lot- these were the only words I could understand.
I'll make things short now since there have been a lot of great reviews!

Before the concert I read somewhere on the net that Gwyneth will be attending that concert as well. I thought that was a bit ... well a thing that's not going to happen. But now I think she might have been there. After they had played Fix You Chris put his hand on his heart and pointed to the stand where I think VIPs were. And he also pointed there after Strawberry swing.

... the best song besides Clocks was Politik for me. They played it really "hard".
I also enjoyed Lovers in Japan- I was standing in front of the thing where butterflies were coming out, I was basically attacked by them:p

Oh and I think that Guy was really in a good mood yesterday. He kept smiling and posing for people who were taking photos of him:)

As if I weren't pleased at the concert completely I was also given the set list which made the evening perfect. I was trying to make an eye contact with any roadie but they were so busy. Then I waved to someone and he only waved back. But then somebody heard my screaming about set list ... first he showed that he folded it and that it's not in the best condition. But I made it clear that I don't really mind that so he threw it at me;)

Now I'll upload some photos and maybe a video- but they really aren't of good quality.

p.s. here's a Slovene article about yesterday's concert. The one who wrote it didn't make much effort and you're not missing anything if you don't understand it. But there are some great photos!

http://www.siol.net/trendi/glasba/novicke/2009/09/coldplay_napolnili_videmski_stadion.aspx

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
Anyone able to rip this? :D

They made the it on the most important Italian TV News :dance:

@Antonia: glad you made it so close in the end, when I arrived at 8 and there were already 100 people queuing for each entrance I thought about you arriving late in the afternoon and hoped you were able to make your way to the front :nice:

anyway, Chris never said anything about how good Italians are to make love, but how good we are to "make a fuck of a lot of noise" during this nice song before Will sung Death Will Never Conquer.

Here's the lyrics:
When the sun has gone down and there's no more light
When you're playing in Udine on a Monday night
Oh you've got to play for those girls and boys
Well I know Italians make a fuck of a lot of noise
(can't understand here)...there's one more rhyme
Can you please make some noise if you're having a good time
Oh and just to give you an extra thrill
Oh give a whoo whoo for our drummer Will

I will upload the video whenever I'm able and maybe try to understand that lil bit missing :p

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
Ill watch mine to see if I can understand what he says there... Oh I thought about you. I knew that you where somewhere in front row!

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I'll make things short now since there have been a lot of great reviews!

Before the concert I read somewhere on the net that Gwyneth will be attending that concert as well. I thought that was a bit ... well a thing that's not going to happen. But now I think she might be there. After they had played Fix You Chris put his hand on his heart and pointed to the stand where I think VIPs were. And he also pointed there after Strawberry swing.

... the best song besides Clocks was Politik for me. They played it really "hard".
I also enjoyed Lovers in Japan- I was standing in front of the thing where butterflies were coming out, I was basically attacked by them:p

Oh and I think that Guy was really in a good mood yesterday. He kept smiling and posing for people who were taking photos of him:)

As if I weren't pleased at the concert completely I was also given the set list which made the evening perfect. I was trying to make an eye contact with any roadie but they were so busy. Then I waved to someone and he only waved back. But then somebody heard my screaming about set list ... first he showed that he folded it and that it's not in the best condition. But I made it clear that I don't really mind that so he threw it at me;)

Now I'll upload some photos and maybe a video- but they really aren't of good quality.

p.s. here's a Slovene article about yesterday's concert. The one who wrote it didn't make much effort and you're not missing anything if you don't understand it. But there are some great photos!

http://www.siol.net/trendi/glasba/novicke/2009/09/coldplay_napolnili_videmski_stadion.aspx
Great, thanks. :D

I know one of his sisters was there because he mentioned Lovers in Japan being dedicated to his sister and his cousin, could have been them. :idea2:

alys

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i was so sad cause i couldn't come to Udine last night... Then i started reading your posts and watching your videos and i felt like i was there with you!!!
THANK YOU soooo much for sharing with us your special night! :)

_petra_

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Photos taken with my mobile

And a video- it's even poorer quality than on my phone. And really turn off the volume!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7QFfa9VyYE"]YouTube - Jonny and Guy dancing in Udine (31.08.2009)[/ame]

_petra_

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@Indnsky your photos are awsome! What a day it was, right;)
It's good to hear that you made it so close even though you came a bit late!

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
@Indnsky your photos are awsome! What a day it was, right;)
It's good to hear that you made it so close even though you came a bit late!
Its lndnsky like London Sky or just Antonia!
And yes it was an amazing day. I still cant believe that I was there.

Denise

Coldplayer
The video won't even load for me :bigcry:
Neither Mozilla nor IE!
Anna do you have Microsoft Silverlight installed? I'm sure it can be seen even if you're not in Italy..otherwise you can go here, click on 13.30 over the top of the video window, then under the window go on the last title, it's "UN'OVAZIONE AD UDINE PER L'ATTESO CONCERTO DEI COLDPLAY : 30MILA PALLONCINI E 40MILA FANS AD ACCOGLIERE LA BAND BRITANNICA" and click on "apri nel player", then you should be able to see it in the window on the top :)

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Is this it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_O4SisvuiM"]YouTube - TURISMO: FVG IN TRIONFO CON I COLDPLAY, MA GLI U2...[/ame]

viva la vida

Scientist
Coldplayer
Hello, I'm back :) after few hours riding back and forth I still have energy for few more concerts :)

first of all, did you guys notice that on setlist is song "till kingdom come" but they played green eyes? o_O I'm glad that they changed it cuz green eyes is my fav song!

OK, let's go with review, it wont be great as yours, but i'll try.

months in advance I knew that I wanted to go back to their concert, especially when I enjoyed last year in Budapest. I secured agreement with the Agency (ticket + transport) and expecting for 31th july. Unfortunately, as soon as we boarded the bus, we got a notice that we have tickets for the bleachers (i dont know right word). all the way, we discussed how to get down there, but there was no option. We arrived in Udine at 2pm and 4 hours are used for sightseeing, lunch and after all shopping in the front of stadium where I had no luck. T-shirt is very much the wrong date which irritated me (did you notice for 2008 and earlier dates). I bought a shirt with long sleeves, but the male model that I will not wear often, but I have a memory, and a bag from official merchandise. We entered the stadium just as white lies finished with last two song and i was disappointed when we saw our position. even though we were on the right panel of the stage (and in the middle), imagine heart pain when you see all those fans who are already down, especially in the fan pit area. I didnt want to look on the internet for recordings or photos for full surprise. you have no idea how much I enjoyed when I heard Magnificent introduction to the concert. I really like U2 and that song is very much affected! as soon as they come out with mini fireworks (i dont know right word either), balloons have come to the fore and violet hill began. I was thrilled! so I wanted to jump but I was on the scale because I didnt want to sit like 90% of the audience around me. That terribly depressed me because I wanted to be down with you and with you singing and jumping. They were pretty quite and I didnt want to sing out loud cuz I just do not sing well) green eyes is one of my favorite songs and I was totally thrilled when I heard it live! then butterflies on lovers in japan, even I saw it, this is great to see from another perspective (we took them to the road on the return). I did not expect fireworks and it is totally complete the entire concert. I eventually managed to get the free CD, we have raised hands in the air, we looked like zombies :)

sorry for english, i used google translate (for less mistakes)... pics later

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
excellent photos here

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrb3/sets/72157622085999075/show/"]Coldplay+White Lies+Ministri in Udine[/ame]

_petra_

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I know one of his sisters was there because he mentioned Lovers in Japan being dedicated to his sister and his cousin, could have been them. :idea2:
I was so enthusiastic when they started playing it that I didn't even hear Chris talking :rolleyes:

I have one more photo to show;)

And I envy those of you who got the CD, when I got out they had already run out of them:cry:

Denise

Coldplayer
Petra I didn't get the cd either, we went around the stadium trying each exit, they were all gone, bad organisation on the part of those giving them away, I've heard of people who got plenty of copies and someone even stole entire boxes :dozey:

Anyway I've started to look through the pics

and this is a video of the "Udine song" and Billie Jean, you can't see the band as being in front rows it's impossible to understand where the c-stage is, but the audio is pretty good :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8x5uKntEc"]YouTube - Coldplay - Death Will Never Conquer + Billie Jean @ Udine 31-08-2009[/ame]

@Mich: no, it's another video, but thanks anyway for finding that :kiss: