Cry Cry Cry - Sunset

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Actually Chris said that the other voice is a pitched version of his own.
Which makes sense, it's just Jacob Collier who's doing all the editing magic with sample of Chris. It's not all that unlike the beginning of Charlie Brown which is just Chris singing the song but slowed down and really high pitched.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I was a bit worried when I heard Chris say this voice is a new singing character that they have a name for ! Cause sorry but I sure don't want to hear more of that "character" :joy:

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Which makes sense, it's just Jacob Collier who's doing all the editing magic with sample of Chris. It's not all that unlike the beginning of Charlie Brown which is just Chris singing the song but slowed down and really high pitched.
AAAAh thank you for clarifying that omg!!!!! I always thought it as Chris' own voice (it sounds lie him), but after seeing Jacob Collier's credit in the song among the backing vocals, I just assumed that I was wrong all along and it was him! Now i understand!!!

gai

Actually Chris said that the other voice is a pitched version of his own.
I take it back. Chris just said in Jo Wiley's session that this is another person singing with pitched up voice. A she. Why do I feel like that might be his girlfriend.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I take it back. Chris just said in Jo Wiley's session that this is another person singing with pitched up voice. A she. Why do I feel like that might be his girlfriend.
here's that quote:

"Well there's more to come from that story in a bit of time. But I'll tell you now that it's sort of a character that we made called Angelina. She's a new voice in our band. It's secretly another person pitched up, but I can't possibly say who. She's an alien."

interesting...

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Are you sure?
I believe he basically confirm it is him high-pitched
And that we will hear this character again in LP9
Or maybe it is Dakota Johnson and she will feature in the video she directed for the song

gai

Are you sure?
I believe he basically confirm it is him high-pitched
And that we will hear this character again in LP9
Or maybe it is Dakota Johnson and she will feature in the video she directed for the song
Yeah in an interview earlier Chris was asked if it was his voice and he said yes. Good thing that I like the pitched vocal, because looks like we might hear more of it.

Bauk

Just open up your eyes
Coldplayer
I think he was clearly joking around..

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Singers can and occasionally do make up characters and alter egos. After all, someone (maybe Chris, maybe Matt Miller, maybe someone else) took on the Prospekt persona during the Viva sessions in 2007-2008. "Angelina" could be a legitimate character, or could just be a joke name for an unnaturally high-pitched Chris voice. I suppose either is possible.

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
If this song only had the chipmunk Gollum/Smeagol from LOTR voice singing the cry cry cry part only I'd like it a lot more. But when it sings with Chris I cringe. This is unfortunately probably my least favorite song on the album just bc of that.

LisaFeehily

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Great video!

Is it just me or does it feel crazy that we have 4 (YES 4) videos in the EL era already but there hasn't been like any discussion or interest in them? Maybe Daddy had the most excitement around it?
Do you mean on here or in general? Have they gotten many views/comments on YouTube? I haven't watched any of them to be honest, I don't usually watch music videos in general. I'm a bad fan I guess :p