Florence + The Machine

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I like the new video. It's quite different from the rest - in the sense that it has a story to it. Most of her videos don't and are very similar to each other.

neonhorn22

Music Lover
Coldplayer
Florence on SNL tonight. She did Shake It Out first. I didn't like it. She sounded nervous and shaky to me. The background choir was awesome, though.

She performed No Light, No Light second and this was better, but she was tending on the sharp edge of the pitch towards most of the song.

Yikes......I just don't think she's that good of a live performer. I love her as a studio musician, but they really do edit out that aggressive vibrato she has which makes it much more tolerable to listen to. Her hair was also weird, too. *shrugs* I dunno. I just wasn't impressed.

I'm looking forward to the Black Keys next time, though! Coldplay then Florence and now The Black Keys?! I'm gonna crap my pants if Muse or Radiohead is next musical guest after TBK.

dry_pretzels

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
She can be off-tune at times during live performances, unfortunately. :\ But when she does hit those notes, she sounds pretty incredible. For me, her enthusiasm and energy on-stage makes up for a few bum notes.

a-chan

Rhythm section rules!
Coldplayer
The acoustic version is very good, although I cannot comprehend that' heartlines on your head' line. :blank:
I thought she was saying 'keep following the heartlines on your hand"?!! (which make sense actually...) So it's "head"?, :thinking:

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
I just browsed and it seems to be 'hand' after all. I was convinced it was otherwise.
Anyway, it is still a confusing line.

a-chan

Rhythm section rules!
Coldplayer
I just browsed and it seems to be 'hand' after all. I was convinced it was otherwise.
Anyway, it is still a confusing line.
It's not...The heartlines on your hand refers to reading palms where the lines on the hand refers to your life and one reprents your lovelife. That lines here means 'follow your heart, the path has already been drown for you"....pretty clear IMO.

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
Okay, I didn't know they were actually called heartlines... Stupid me.

PlayAMessage

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am new to listening to Florence and the Machines, but after the SNL songs that actually made me stand up and just listen, I have been listening to Lungs and Ceremonial pretty much non-stop, and I have to say, No Light, No Light, Shake it Out and Heartlines are turning into my must lsitens, just amazing how she sounds, how the music sounds, how it washes over me like a tide.

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
It's 'Florence + the Machine' and 'Ceremonials :bomb:

Nevermind, keep listening to Florence, explore, there are better tracks on Ceremonials, although those you mention aren't bad at all.

Italian Plastic

lost
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9GQJgbGZJU"]Florence and the Machine - Take Care (Radio 1 Live Lounge Special) - YouTube[/ame]
florence + drake <33333

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Florence + The Machine are coming to Auckland, NZ next May and I'm planning on going. I missed her when she came down last year. Not gonna happen this time round! :D

I really liked her on SNL, especially that skit! :laugh3:
Is there a clip of it on YouTube or something? Been looking for it and I can't find it. :(

RazorEye

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
No Light, No Light in your dark blue eyes, I never knew that life would be so violent...

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
Guess who saw Florence again TWICE this past weekend? :D AND got her drumstick that she used for "No Light, No Light"? :awesome: (It has the Florence and the Machine logo engraved on it and it's amazing.)

Her performances are already quite different from the Lungs tour. She now has two permanent backing vocalists who hang off to the side. This really boosts "Cosmic Love" and "Rabbit Heart", both of which were calmer live than on record, but also makes newer stuff like "Spectrum" more varied (which was mindblowing, I might add). New songs sound very good, although I think "Seven Devils" might need a bit more fine-tuning live.

Pic time (I took like 100 pics of her alone, so here's just a little sampling):

oldmuckers

Prospekt's March
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Florence + The Machine will play on X-Factor USA tomorrow (DEC 15) night.

w1ll1am7

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
those are amazing pictures! I can't wait to get my hands on tickets!

shesawsparks

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to Florence and The Machine and their music, but i already know Dog Days Are Over, You Got the Love and Rabbit Heart from the first album and then i heard Shake It Out from Ceremonials which i really like. Anyway, i was thinking of getting the albums, but i realise there's Between Two Lungs and then there's a deluxe 2 CD edition of Lungs. :thinking: Is Between Two Lungs basically a re-released version of Lungs, and which would i be better off getting?