Kelly Clarkson covers POC

CurtisJ

Hurting like Heaven
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mb0giPHNkI&feature=player_embedded"]Kelly Clarkson - Princess Of China (Coldplay/Rihanna cover) (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge) June, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

On BBC 1

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqmRzP33X8"]Kelly Clarkson - Princess of China in the Live Lounge - YouTube[/ame]

Yeshe

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love her! They should have asked her to do the duet instead...

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
Much better than Rihanna, sounds really good.

rnel16

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow, I LOVE this! Is it bad that I prefer this to the original....?

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really like that. Wow.

It makes me realize two things, however. The first being how awesome of a song it could have ended up being, if they made it without Rihanna. The second, being the song really sounds better with a duet of some kind.

CurtisJ

Hurting like Heaven
Coldplayer
I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.

willow_29

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I LOVE THIS her voice is amazing!!!! Far better than Rihanna take note Chris do something with Kelly!!

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.
Agreed.

Though I have to say I really am stunned by this cover. What a voice, and, it's different, but at least as good as the original, imo. In a way, she found depth in a song that may sound a bit shallow for a Coldplay song. Well done!

KoxMartin

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I find this is better than the P.O.C live with Rihanna. I bet that Coldplay ft Kelly will have a better live version :D

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Lovely cover, she's a great singer (much better than Rihanna).
But yeah, it works better as a duet. I miss Chris' voice. Actually, this naked version made me realize how boring POC is on it's own and that the only thing I like about it is his voice. :confused:

nanda

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow this is surprisingly good.

UdaPruda

found love in chaos
Coldplayer
Umm, now I'll feel weird saying that I don't like it :confused: I don't like Kelly's style of singing, I feel like I'm listening to a country song. She has a good voice, though. But now I understand why Princess was meant as a duet - it gets quite boring the other way.

As unexpected as it is even for myself, I prefer Rihanna.

coldplaymom

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Wow, this sounded really good. Kelly just loves Coldplay.

the3jr

Ancient
Coldplayer
She sounds great, very Kelly, almost sounds like one of her own songs lol

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqmRzP33X8[/ame]