Radiohead

Draco

Broken Hearts Make it Rain
Coldplayer
I haven't listened to whole album yet but oh my goodness daydreaming feels like your soul is being cuddled by soft sound waves in an alternate dimension, while Thom Yorke sings softly with angel wings.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Listened to it today, and wow, what a good album. Radiohead is back and has proven they are still up to it !! Miles better than GS or AHFOD. I hope Coldplay takes inspiration from there.

By the way I agree that Thom's voice sounds the same ! It's sad that Chris's voice has declined due to so much strain.... :(

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Am I the only one who doesn't see it as a masterpiece? It's a good album, but it lacks rhythm and vitality to be considered as one of their best. I know it isn't meant to stand out for these two things, but it's kinda lazy and too slow for my tastes (and I'm an ambient/electronica/idm lover so I'm quite used to this kind of music). For example Amnesiac was more dynamic, with a burning atmosphere at times.
I can hear a lot of similarities sonically speaking with In Ranbows, even if A Moon Shaped Pool's more minimalist and dark
My favourites at the moment are Daydreaming, True Love Waits, Burn The Witch and Identikit
I'm with you. It's a great album, and it's certainly miles better than TKOL, but there's a sense of repetiveness that sort of takes some of my interest downhill. In most ways, it works very well, but the low-key atmosphere sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Decks Dark and The Numbers are two of the best tracks by far because of how it captures a highly calming mood. But as much as I like Daydreaming, the same theme doesn't work quite as well for Glass Eyes (my least favorite right now) and the new True Love Waits. In a way, AMOP sort of seems to be the cousin of In Rainbows, in that it manages to capture this energy-heavy grandiose sound in a condensed, relaxing manner. I do miss the presence of some guitar, but it works well in the context so I can't complain too much. There isn't much I would change about the album right now, and while it isn't a masterpiece, it's certainly one of their best to-date.

Odvan

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Daydreaming may become one of my favorites songs of the band. Absolutely stunning ... And i'm sad to say it, better than any Coldplay song since a long time ...
Why? It's not a competition.

I'm still tasting MSP, because even KoL started to feel great after couple of month. It would be a pity if its the last Radiohead album (all these stuff with deleting data from official site and social media's). And I agree its not Radiohead best album, far from it. At least now.

Hardcore fans already knew or heard 7 tracks out of 11. So it has vibes of "Greatest hits", the essence of the band.

Last edited:

Eskapist

Coldplayer
Why? It's not a competition.

I'm still tasting MSP, because even KoL started to feel great after couple of month. It would be a pity if its the last Radiohead album (all these stuff with deleting data from official site and social media's). And I agree its not Radiohead best album, far from it. At least now.

Hardcore fans already knew or heard 7 tracks out of 11. So it has vibes of "Greatest hits", the essence of the band.
I know, but Coldplay still my favorite band after all, even if i know that their music, objectively, has not the quality of Radiohead music. I know that's sound strange

Lobabe

Coldplayer
I think it's because Radiohead obviously are very good at using off-kiltered notes and dissonance in their music ..to their advantage. They use strange beats and rhythms and ..everyone knows that it takes talent to do that. Yet, sometimes we all just love the simplicity of Coldplay.

I totally get it.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I know, but Coldplay still my favorite band after all, even if i know that their music, objectively, has not the quality of Radiohead music. I know that's sound strange
They're my favorite band too, but you have to recognize bands are different from each other. It's like if I tried to compare Coldplay to my other favorite artist, Bob Dylan; they aren't similar and are two totally different takes on music. The same applies to Radiohead and Coldplay.

Seriously though -- The Numbers is fucking great. I've had it on repeat days. I can't stop!

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes! I was really thrilled to see all these tracks at first, but now it's become one more thing I find myself disliking overall. Don't get me wrong, most of these tracks are very solid, but part of the surprise and newness with a new album is kinda gone with old tracks taking up most of the tracklist.

Odvan

Coldplayer
Seriously though -- The Numbers is fucking great. I've had it on repeat days. I can't stop!
As of today I would say the whole second part after Eyes is freaking fantastic.

But you need good stereo system to enjoy all nuances in sound.

I save listening the album on these for dessert!

Revolverwin

Champion of the World
Coldplayer
Favorites are Identikit, Present Tense and Decks Dark.... such a gorgeous album.

James.

(Nice Title)
Coldplayer
Love the new album. I just wish I was seeing them live this year :( Hopefully they'll come back and do a proper tour next year with tickets that don't sell out in less than a second.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've gotta say, I'm beginning to enjoy the album less as time goes on. Admittedly it's only been out for two and a half weeks, but I went from really enjoying nine of eleven tracks, to really enjoying five of eleven tracks. (Daydreaming, Decks Dark, Identikit, The Numbers and Tinker Tailor.) It goes without saying my opinion will change as more time passes, but for me the album isn't sticking with its initial greatness. It's far from a bad record, but like I've said before, too much of the album is the same and that really kind of annoys me.

I also finally feel comfortable ranking the albums, too!

1. The Bends
2. OK Computer
3. Hail to the Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. Kid A
6. In Rainbows
7. A Moon Shaped Pool
8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
As well as Creep, they played 2+2=5 in Paris couple nights ago...for the first time in so many years.

And they're playing over here tonight, THE HYPE

James.

(Nice Title)
Coldplayer
My list is something like this:

OK Computer
In Rainbows
Hail to the Thief
A Moon Shaped Pool
Kid A
The Bends
Amnesiac
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

It shifts all the time (especially AMSP at the moment obviously) but the top 2 and bottom 3 are pretty much set in stone. I'd say the top 6 are all 'great albums' though.

beastwars

Light reflection to fade
Coldplayer
My list is:

The Bends
In Rainbows
The King Of Limbs
OK Computer
A Moon Shaped Pool
Pablo Honey
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail To The Thief

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
My list of incredible to good:

OK Computer (Best albums of all time ranking: 2nd)
Kid A (Best albums of all time ranking: 3rd)
Hail To The Thief (Best albums of all time rankng: 5th)
The Bends (Best albums of all time ranking: 6th)
The King Of Limbs (Best albums of all time ranking: 9th)
In Rainbows (Best albums of all time ranking: 10th)
Amnesiac (Best albums of all time ranking: 15th)
Pablo Honey (Best albums of all time ranking: N/A)

As for AMSP I can't rank it yet as I haven't give it enough listens.

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I just started listening to Radiohead again and I'm having such a good time :) So far Kid A, In Rainbows and AMSP. Can't wait to listen to the rest!!!

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Funny The Bends is my fav album too. I am so happy to see Radiohead Live on my Twitter feed