Rate "Up in Flames"

Seppel

24/7 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I like the song,but not that masterpiece it was told to be,too much hype for this son...
all in all nice song,but a little bit to simple -> 7/10

Paulinha coldplay

In a permanent state.
Coldplayer
For me it's a little bit repetitive... I'll give a 6/10
Could be amazing, but the whole song is very simmilar! :sad:

icedude2010

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The last line is my favorite part of the song...
And I'm being serious. It makes it worth it.
7/10
2/10 without the last line. Lol

mamgirl

Canadian Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I gave it a 5 after hearing the studio version, I hadn't heard any of the live versions. I had high hopes in the beginning because I kind of liked the drum beats, but it felt like there should have been more, I kept waiting for it to"kick in", or reach a climax or something. And I agree with a few other people that I don't really like when Chris sings so high. I know he does it a lot, but it grates on me with this song for some reason. However, having said all that I don't hate it. So I went in the middle with 5. It might grow on me after a few more times of listening...we'll see.

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
After some listenings and thinking about the minimalistic character and its purpose in the context of the story I want to give it a 8.5-9.0. It really grew on me. This song shows perfectly the emptiness after losing someone you love. Very nice but the first 10 seconds are a bit strange.
The guitar of Jonny is great I think.

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Gave it a 6 after the first listen, I didn't like the falsetto and the repetition... But this song has grown on me so much (4 listens), I now believe it's one of the best things on the album.
It's hypnotizing, in the best possible way. All you have to do is surrender to the beat.
:escaping:

Edit: I'm afraid Chris might get pitchy live though. He's already on edge on the studio version.

akindofmagic

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Probably the most uninspired song Coldplay have ever written. It sounds incomplete.
The chorus' melody is not very ambitious.

3.....song to skip

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
10/10/. Absolutely in love with this beautiful song and the last line in the song? :dazzled:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
falling in love with this song, It reminds me of Bonnie Rait's , "I can't make you love me with the drum beat, snare and the piano, especially at the end, oh i gave it an 8

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
Whatever it was that I expected to come with studio version, it didn't. :blank: 5

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
this song reminds me of my flashback times. it was just between sad and happy. this song is just representing what i felt in the past....which is sorta true.

Technicolor Sparks

shake it out
Coldplayer
Oh my goodness, I am in love with this song. I think it may become one of my favourites from Coldplay.

Klarinette

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
5 for me...
I don't really like this song, I find it a little bit boring!
But the lyrics are so touching, and I love the Jonny's riff !

Last edited: