Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

Matteosabato

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
This is just a theory.
Next friday Coldplay will drop 3 new live mixes recorded in Paris, Glastonbury and Leipzig. Maybe there is another live album coming soon, maybe with recordings from all over europe. I would really love that!

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
This is just a theory.
Next friday Coldplay will drop 3 new live mixes recorded in Paris, Glastonbury and Leipzig. Maybe there is another live album coming soon, maybe with recordings from all over europe. I would really love that!
Far out that would be Coldplay overload!

up&up

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
One is the imported European version. If you translate the tracklist off the link I posted you will see it says Birds.
According to an Australian site:
The CD contains: God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.
And the DVD contains: Birds

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/coldplay-live-in-buenos-aires-deluxe-edition/345958/

Track 20 shows also a track difference
CD: Amor Argentina
DVD: Paulistanos (special Coldplay composition for Brazil)

I guess time will learn :)

Last edited:

Major Cooper

Look How They Shine For You...
Coldplayer
According to an Australian site:
The CD contains: God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.
And the DVD contains: Birds

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/coldplay-live-in-buenos-aires-deluxe-edition/345958/

Track 20 shows also a track difference
CD: Amor Argentina
DVD: Paulistanos (special Coldplay composition for Brazil)

I guess time will learn :)
Is the track difference for all releases? Or exclusive to certain countries...? Sorry, I haven’t done my homework on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driftaguy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Is the track difference for all releases? Or exclusive to certain countries...? Sorry, I haven’t done my homework on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think all the dvds have Birds but the cd differs in different territories

vinny9

Coldplayer
Four more days till we finally get a solid recording of this version of UATW [silverbird extended].

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpR6spqEs8Q

I know its not the same venue etc. But this was the OG performance.
BTW what are we expecting on Amazon Music. A three song live EP is so random especially considering that these songs aren't on any other live releases to come. Is it possible they are part of another release?

MickCas

Coldplayer
Well, I think we have a lot of hints for a "multi-live release"

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
There are some really cool novelties for sure -- which is why I'm overall incredibly excited for this release.... but their live performances aren't particularly unique. I guess what I'm getting at is what do Coldplay's live shows have to offer besides crowd noise...

I loved the AHFOD show I saw -- one of the best nights of my life and the best concert visuals I've ever seen.

But we already got half these songs on other live albums which were performed almost identically. It's not like Coldplay's a jam band where you can say, "I like the 2003 Yellow more than the 2012 Yellow..." They're pretty much the same. Coldplay wasn't really even a rock band on the AHFOD tour, so there isn't much variation to the sets or performances.

I would have been more excited if there were more unique live tracks that were career spanning, to match the documentary: Life is Beautiful, 42 or Yes, AICTAIY, Miracles Someone Special (Live from Italy), Green Eyes (Chris Solo Acoustic), How You See the World, the techno versions of Talk and GPASUYF, original Ode to Deodorant :)

I'm gonna get this package and listen to it a million times, so don't think I'm being too cynical here, but yeah hope there is more in store later on (LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL WHERE ARE YOUUUU)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's not like Coldplay's a jam band where you can say, "I like the 2003 Yellow more than the 2012 Yellow..." They're pretty much the same.
I understand what you mean overall, but I have to say I strongly disagree with that thought. The vibes/intros/Chris's voice/overall sound of various songs do differ between different tours. For instance I can say I do prefer the 2003 Yellow or the 2003 GPASUYF over their 2012 or 2017 counterparts, they have completely different vibes and in the case of GPASUYF also performance styles. Or I like the Twisted Logic Tour arrangement of Clocks more than the 2003 version.

And now comes the unpopular part of my opinion, and this isn't really the subject here...but unfortunately for almost every song the earlier (Live 2003) performances are imho better than the later ones(Live 2012/Live 2017).The sombre, mysterious vibe of GPASUYF for example got turned into senseless "wannabe-hard" noise rock (Live 2012) and then later, even worse, into an interactive "give me a whoop, whoop...now whoop whoop scream" holiday resort animator-style performance (2017). But oh well...

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Looks like no Blu-ray release after all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
Coldplayer
Nice to see we're getting yet another (albeit incomplete) live show! I saw the Love In Tokyo shirts in the store when the Butterfly was announced and wondered what they were all about... I thought I missed something lol.

Pretty bummed that it'll be Japan only though, hopefully we'll get some sort of digital download or something - my wallet does not like the sound of importing a CD all the way from Japan.

coldplayfan24

- Definitely Maybe -
Coldplayer
I'm really hoping for a 4K release, it would be the first concert released on 4k blu ray (they could put the documentary out as well). Of course that would mean a regular blu ray would also come out.

If Amazon has exclusive rights to the film at launch that would explain why we are not seeing blu ray's. They want to keep the higher resolution video files for Prime members. Once the rights have ended I can see them releasing the documentary and the concert film possibly in one package. (4K UHD/ and or Blu Ray)

Whatever resolution Amazon streams at will give us a good idea what might happen later. It would make no sense to have a 4K or full HD stream and to only have it released on DVD. We will have to double dip to get the film/concert at a later date but I will gladly do this. Especially if its in 4K!

Libor

Coldplayer
Digitally, the Live In Buenos Aires album will be available to stream/download from all platforms, with the Live In São Paulo film also available as a longform download.

ToniMoreno

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I understand what you mean overall, but I have to say I strongly disagree with that thought. The vibes/intros/Chris's voice/overall sound of various songs do differ between different tours. For instance I can say I do prefer the 2003 Yellow or the 2003 GPASUYF over their 2012 or 2017 counterparts, they have completely different vibes and in the case of GPASUYF also performance styles. Or I like the Twisted Logic Tour arrangement of Clocks more than the 2003 version.

And now comes the unpopular part of my opinion, and this isn't really the subject here...but unfortunately for almost every song the earlier (Live 2003) performances are imho better than the later ones(Live 2012/Live 2017).The sombre, mysterious vibe of GPASUYF for example got turned into senseless "wannabe-hard" noise rock (Live 2012) and then later, even worse, into an interactive "give me a whoop, whoop...now whoop whoop scream" holiday resort animator-style performance (2017). But oh well...
I think it deppends on your... ¿likes?
For me, the best performmances are the MX tour, when they do a more rock sound for the older songs (GPASUYF, Violet Hill, Cementeries of London, Lost!, Politik...). These live performances are very different form the studio version, and in my opinion better (there are songs that for years I have not heard the studio version).

In the AHFOD Tour the sounds are more similar to the studio versions. The worst is Viva la Vida, it sounds to me like they want to play it very fast, without feeling, like if they were tired of playing it. Nothing to do with the beautiful piano intro of the MX.

I hope they change the setlist, or better, they introduce, at least in the CD version, ALL the different songs that they had played in this country/continnet. The 20 songs fixed (the new album and their hits from other albums) + all the different songs they played in the C-Stage (Dont Panic, In my Place, GPASUYF, Green Eyes, Swallowed in the sea...etc.).
I think that would be very interesting for the fans. But 5 versions of clocks, Viva la Vida, Magic... (that sounds the same...) and 0 of their older songs...

I do not know why they always choose the songs on the live albums so badly :oops:

P.D: Ithink they would be at least an European live (CD Paris + DVD Milan or similar) and also a USA Live (maybe 14 songs like in tokio or something bigger?). An Australian live would be lovely also, but please, different track list... Tokio and Buenos Aires are the same...