- Sep 9, 2015
^ Best Buy if Im not mistaken
The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حبSignUp Now!
Oooh nice question, here are my favourites:I was thinking about this the other day. Why do I like some songs? And I thought I like the guitar riff in some songs (Spies), the bass in Magic or Things I Don't Understand, the drums in ETIAW, Chris voice in Amazing Day or UATW, or the way the band sound in Viva La Vida.
What about you? What do you like from a specific song?
By the way, it's my new fav Coldplay song.- Up With The Birds, when Chris starts singing "the sky is blue" somewhere at the 00:42 mark and that giant rich soundscape kicks in, jESUS :dead:
The only other Coldplay song that can make me cry other than UWTB. That line hits me every time. :cry: I love the background noise or whatever you'd call it that starts right around a minute into the song with the lyrics "Drums, here it comes" The way he sings it and the background noise always make me cry when it comes. That "background noise" always gives me a warm feeling but along with Chris' vocals simply make me cry. It places #7 on my Coldplay list. (And I tell you those other 6 songs are pretty freaking good if it can beat Prospekt's March). I think of Prospekt's March as a sadder, calmer, and quieter UWTB. IMO, it's the saddest song Coldplay have made, with "But here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" being Coldplay's saddest lyric.- Prospekts March, when this line starts "but here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" the synths or whatever it is playing in the background, it's so emotional. I wish I had the instrumental of that song. And the outro is also fantastic, that guitar sounds so sad..
That actually sounds soooo good... I never heard that before. I only heard the studio version till now.Batman said:- In the Intro of Life In Technicolor there's a riff Jonny plays that you can only clearly hear live, it's very ambient like:
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llHkLrHzZGA
Yes!! Like the producer threw it on late in the production or its from some machine^^Especially the way you can hear them talking at the beginning and end of the song. And the clapping sounds real like it was recorded in an empty room....not like the silly background claps that run throughout AHFOD
I can hear what you describe here on Birds and Ghost Stories. Ghost Stories is one of the albums where I can hear the whole band is supporting each other. In songs like Oceans or UATW we don't have to hear all the band is playing in the whole song, they take part when the song needs their contribution. That's what I like in the new songs.It don't get no better than Strawberry Swing. The lyrics are simple, yet not pandering and infantile. And how he doesn't (at least not audibly) complete the whole "Sky could be blue"/"without you I'm just miles away" line is something we don't hear often anymore, that improvised feel to a song. To me, Viva felt like the band at their closest, personally, to each other. Like they were having the most fun. It kind of seems like an obligation to them now.
I love all those background ambient noises too! Good post Thalia!Oooh nice question, here are my favourites:
- Violet Hill's intro
- Clock's background synth
- the intro of the Live DVD 2003 Yellow version
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuyar-rrNY
SYNTH ORGASM RIGHT THERE. I will forever love this
- Daylight's bass (especially toward the end where Chris repeats "slowly breaking through the daylight" over and over again)
- Easy To Please's background noises and Chris really high vocals (and the very soft echo of them)
- During Fix You, towards the end, there's this one guitar that starts playing at around 3:57~4:00 something. It sounds like a bass guitar I think. It just adds something to the already epic outro
- The outro soundscape of Speed of Sound. I think it's the guitar that creates this strange raw sound slowly drowning out, I just love it
- In the Intro of Life In Technicolor there's a riff Jonny plays that you can only clearly hear live, it's very ambient like:
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llHkLrHzZGA
it starts at 00:20. I have other recordings where it is much subtler which I prefer
- Up With The Birds, when Chris starts singing "the sky is blue" somewhere at the 00:42 mark and that giant rich soundscape kicks in, jESUS :dead:
- Prospekts March, when this line starts "but here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" the synths or whatever it is playing in the background, it's so emotional. I wish I had the instrumental of that song. And the outro is also fantastic, that guitar sounds so sad..
- Fun, the guitar. I only like this song because of that depressing guitar haha
That's ok. After all this is the ultimate coldplaying thread. We prefer the positive point of view and great discussions. As long as you don't say our taste in music is rubbish that's okAnd also about the background clapping in Strawberry Swing....it just sounded normal like it was a necessary part in order to create that lighthearted feeling. It is truly what drives the song along.
All of the new clapping just is sugary stuff that's thrown in to make the songs sound mainstream.
(Sorry, this post sounds like it should be in the Oldplaying thread )
For as much as I don't like the new album, I really quite like AOAL and the videoI must admit I did not even notice the clapping on Adventure until it was pointed out here on a thread or in a review I read *lol*
Now every time I hear it I see the monkeys in the video doing the clap dance haha