Trouble in Town - Sunrise

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 3rd track of Sunrise/Everyday life will sound like ?
:sunrise:

Personally, I don't know, but the title is so cool and reminds me of The Killers...

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Yeah that is my assumption too... We only have the title but it just SOUNDS like a big hit :joy:

Reflektor!

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is the one that has me hyped. Ominous title, explicit lyrics, on the seemingly experimental sound of the record, worthy of a pre-album preview...

Watch it end up being an interlude.

ParadiseLost

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
This is the one that has me hyped. Ominous title, explicit lyrics, on the seemingly experimental sound of the record, worthy of a pre-album preview...

Watch it end up being an interlude.
Do we know exactly which songs have explicit lyrics?

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I don't know why but this one sounds like a Western movie to me or something haha.

I feel like Arabesque had some slinky guitar picking to it so maybe this one has darker americana vibe? Maybe this is the one where Jonny whips out the banjo? Either way I like how theatrical the name is. Typically the third track on Coldplay albums is a single of somesort so that'd make sense unless this album is truly "experimental" and not radio friendly.

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8

Ink>Everglow(Live)
Coldplayer
I don't know why but this one sounds like a Western movie to me or something haha.

I feel like Arabesque had some slinky guitar picking to it so maybe this one has darker americana vibe? Maybe this is the one where Jonny whips out the banjo? Either way I like how theatrical the name is. Typically the third track on Coldplay albums is a single of somesort so that'd make sense unless this album is truly "experimental" and not radio friendly.
So maybe Sunset will be the main singles? And then Sunrise will be the partner/promo singles?

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I hope it samples part of Trouble and builds a darker version off of it (but I don't think they'd sample their own song)

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I hope it samples part of Trouble and builds a darker version off of it (but I don't think they'd sample their own song)
How great would it be if it was the metal version of trouble that was on the Live 2003 tour diary:
View: https://youtu.be/Q0mdwB2gv7Y

Even a short sample of it before it builds into a different song would be an amazing way of showing they are aware of their musical roots but also evolving into something new and would be a nice little motif on the oldplay/newplay synergy of the new tracks.

Bit of a wild theory but stranger wishes have come true for me on this LP already so why not!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
How great would it be if it was the metal version of trouble that was on the Live 2003 tour diary:

Even a short sample of it before it builds into a different song would be an amazing way of showing they are aware of their musical roots but also evolving into something new and would be a nice little motif on the oldplay/newplay synergy of the new tracks.

Bit of a wild theory but stranger wishes have come true for me on this LP already so why not!
That would be amazing but I doubt it would happen :D

thetwinparadox

Seize the means of record production
Coldplayer

Man, just when you thought you'd heard every cool unreleased gem from Coldplay....dare I say the song would've worked better in this arrangement (as much as I love the album version).

LelieJens

Wonder of the World
Coldplayer
listening for first time?
Yep! I tried to keep the leaks away from me! Thought of listening to the album for the first time when they'll play it live in a couple of hours, but I'm listening anyway.

EDIT: What I don't understand is: Why is Daddy not following up after Trouble in Town? The song literally stops with the heartbeat??

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
You aren't the only one to question that I've even seen people talk about eventually putting HFTW behind Daddy in some format because the birds