[Venti] 15-Jul-08: Forum, Inglewood, CA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

TallGuyCM

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah I too was in front of my computer at 10:00 on the dot, and the first two times I tried it didn't accept my password and said it "wasn't in the system!" SO shitty.

Things appeared sold out right away, although I ended up pulling up a pair of Colonnade 27 tickets at around 10:04, so at least I'm in the building.

I've been to the Forum quite a few times, and if you're in Loge or Colonnade but fairly close to the stage off to one of the sides, it's actually way better than being on the floor all the way in the back.

I saw Pearl Jam at the Forum two years ago, and I was in like Loge 35 or something ALL the way in the back and it was just too far away.

Been in the Colonnade sides fairly close to the stage for another Pearl Jam show and Eric Clapton back in like 1998, and it was fine.

Stoked for the show!:D

ookla

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
the Forum... does it have a giant screen so that everyone can see them, even from far away in the cheap seats?

gto-dave

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Also happy to be in the building. Was hoping for closer up, but nevertheless, scored 2 tix low level row in Lodge 36.
At first it was giving me errors. Then I typed in for 1 ticket. Unbelievably, I had a Floor Center in B, row 5. I almost grabbed it, but I really needed 2 seats for me & my lady, so I gave it up. Fortunately a deuce came up after that, & I grabbed them. Probably could have sold it for bank, bought 2 more later & made some. Oh well . . just happy to be there

Imagine if it had been two on the floor! :eek:

JasonR02

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sold Out

Looks like the presale is sold out now. It says there is a KROQ presale starting tomorrow. How do you get a code for that?

gto-dave

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Looks like the presale is sold out now. It says there is a KROQ presale starting tomorrow. How do you get a code for that?
You didnt but anything when you had the chance? Shouldve just grabbed whatever. Tix to C-play are just too easy to unload . . no matter where they are in the building.

JasonR02

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Tickets

I'm on a budget. I wasn't going to buy those tickets, then turn around and buy, or try to buy, the ones I want the next day with the hope of selling the ones i briefly saw today. I just paid rent/bills/a traffic ticket/bought a bass. Funds are tight. :p

Cold_Huntress

Look At The Stars...
Coldplayer
Yeah I too was in front of my computer at 10:00 on the dot, and the first two times I tried it didn't accept my password and said it "wasn't in the system!" SO shitty.

Things appeared sold out right away, although I ended up pulling up a pair of Colonnade 27 tickets at around 10:04, so at least I'm in the building.

I've been to the Forum quite a few times, and if you're in Loge or Colonnade but fairly close to the stage off to one of the sides, it's actually way better than being on the floor all the way in the back.

I saw Pearl Jam at the Forum two years ago, and I was in like Loge 35 or something ALL the way in the back and it was just too far away.

Been in the Colonnade sides fairly close to the stage for another Pearl Jam show and Eric Clapton back in like 1998, and it was fine.

Stoked for the show!:D
The same thing happened to me with my code. :blank: It was really pissing me off because I woke up at 9:30 and had been sitting at my comp so that as soon as 10 hit I was ready and then to find out my code didn't work...:angry:

It took me about 35 minutes to finally get through with my code and that was after I had to do some other stuff. :(

In the end I got my tickets so it's all good. :p

LVI56

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Been trying all day to get tickets, never had any show up. Really really upsets me to see two tickets going for $450 on ebay right now...actually it makes me very angry...very very VERY ANGRY!!!!

JasonR02

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
KROQ?

So, I'll ask again, does anyone know anything about the KROQ presale?

lillylove

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I got my Best Buy code yesterday.

I got on at 10:00am 6-5-08. I was able to look at three separate seating areas.

I'm in Loge 27, Row V.

Someone mentioned that the nosebleeds went up. Actually, I looked at the ones I purchased for the X&Y tour and I paid 49.50 for The Forum. At Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, I paid 39.50 for lawn tickets.

This time I am going to the concert alone. Last time, I had someone who was not enthused to be there and I just rather be a crazy Coldplay fan alone.

~RULE~

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hey guys...someone is offering me 2 tickets in LODGE 8 ROW C....how much would be fair to pay for both?

JasonR02

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Haha, thanks, I appreciate it. Don't worry, I'm going alone to the show. I'm only trying to get one ticket.

Benjamin Linus

LOST!
Coldplayer
I'm new here, but I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck as the KROQ pre-sale is about to begin.

Let's get the great tickets. :D

Benjamin Linus

LOST!
Coldplayer
Another disaster. First 2 snags were bad seats.

Now I am in a 6 minute waiting line. *shakes head* This is worse then the best buy pre-sale.

i heart chrismartin

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i turned my computer on at 9:40 and by 10:00 it would not open up the browser. At 10:02 it opens up 3 browser windows... let's just say I almost threw my computer out the window. :angry::confused:

looks like i have to wait till tomorrow... :embarassed:

starbright31

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah this KROQ presale sucks. First pair was Riser 2, then the next search was Colonade 3, and now it's giving me the "We couldn't find tickets that matched your request." Eesh. Now I really feel fortunate about yesterday's Best Buy sale. I think the floor sections A,B,C are reserved for the Ticketmaster auction or VIPs because I haven't even seen them available on eBay.

Good luck to everybody for tomorrow's general sale!

Benjamin Linus

LOST!
Coldplayer
I'm thinking the same (about the floor). I was able to snag a couple floor seats yesterday, but only in singles. And that was far and few (and alwyays in the far back floor section)

I don't think pairs were available in floor in both pre-sales, if they were..they were RARE

msf1

6/14 & 6/15
Coldplayer
10am on the dot. Offered Col 28 Row 18... nothing else since. Are we to assume the pre-sale is sold out?

tigermilk

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I got offered 13 pairs of tickets in the KROQ presale, they all sucked though! I just couldn't pay $100 for tickets at the back of the venue. The $100 tickets I got were all a joke. Nothing even close to a good seat! So I did not buy, my as well wait a few days for the Vegas gig where I have front row!