What is Coldplays best live song?

ColdplayLive567

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Coldplay have loads of songs, but some sound different live and in a lot cases better.
Which song do you think sounds best?

ToniMoreno

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well... there are a lot. One of the most beatiful I would say is Viva la Vida in the 2011 tour, with the piano intro.
Politik its also fantastic.

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
It's very hard to pick just one but I'm going to say Life in Technicolor, for me it's the best concert opener Coldplay have ever done :heart:

oliviyya

Princess of China
Coldplayer
The Scientist is probably my favorite Coldplay live song, from the recent live album in Buenos Aires. I really like how you can hear the crowd singing along. Fix you and Yellow from the same tour are also contenders, I just really like how they left the sounds of the crowd in so you feel like you're there and in the moment. As was mentioned above Viva la Vida live in 2011 is also fantastic.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
This has changed before, but after I finally got to see the band live for the first time in 2016, my favorite has been Fix You. Absolutely stunning, it blew me away more than any other song in that set... and there were several other songs that were strong contenders for best song of the night. And I've never really heard a bad version of the song from any other era. The song is amazing on X&Y, but it's something else live.

oliviyya

Princess of China
Coldplayer
This has changed before, but after I finally got to see the band live for the first time in 2016, my favorite has been Fix You. Absolutely stunning, it blew me away more than any other song in that set... and there were several other songs that were strong contenders for best song of the night. And I've never really heard a bad version of the song from any other era. The song is amazing on X&Y, but it's something else live.
Oh yeah, all of the live versions of Fix You are phenomenal. The studio version is great, but the live ones carry a lot of emotion. So jealous you got to see it live!

HowCouldIForget

Coldplayer
For me it has to be Clocks or Birds. I love the energy of Birds and naturally it's my favorite song from AHFoD. Clocks was my favorite song of all for many years.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
In all these years I still haven't seen Coldplay live, but here are my estimates of what are good songs live:

-Everything's Not Lost for cathartic and repetitive singing
-Up & Up for its guitar solo
-VLV for obvious reasons
-Clocks, Charlie Brown for its energy
-UATW

Xylobryte7

Coldplayer
Charlie Brown at a concert cannot be beat. So much fun jumping around and dancing

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Charlie Brown at a concert cannot be beat. So much fun jumping around and dancing
Charlie Brown is so good live. Especially with Xylobands glowing in the dark. ;) The thought of it gives me goosebumps.

AnnaElisabeth

Light a fire, a flame in my heart
Coldplayer
God Put a Smile Upon Your Face as they played it during the MX Tour was fantastic. So much energy! I miss them playing Politik live though. Very powerful.

mathieu_cpfan

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
- Politik as an opener during the AROBTTH tour was the best opener they've had. But maybe an even better opener would be Life in Technicolor going into Politik. That would be heaven!
- Viva La Vida really is their signature live song and I can no longer imagine a concert without it. It seems like every song works towards the massive release of crowd energy that is Viva La Vida. I can't imagine they'll ever stop playing it.
- Everything's not Lost gives me goosebumps every single time. At the time, I thought they'd play it at every gig, but then Fix You came along and kind of took its place in the setlist.