✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

It would be odd to release a single that has silence and/or a hidden track on it, unless it was getting a separate single version. With the album up, you get the impression the full song will play there. Seems to imply the song itself is that long.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Desperad07 said:

It would be odd to release a single that has silence and/or a hidden track on it, unless it was getting a separate single version. With the album up, you get the impression the full song will play there. Seems to imply the song itself is that long.

That's actually a great point.

Really pleasantly surprised at all of this. I like Higher Power, but was entirely unsure what to expect for the full album. The teaser made me very excited for what's to come; each track sounds well-produced from the snippets we've heard. It offers some wide-ranging variety in a way that doesn't come off as convoluted or whatever.

Bring on October 15!

• Like 6

Interesting just found this on a different website selling the Vinyl

Β 

"Launched alongside the album announcement is Overtura (Music Of The Spheres Album Trailer) a spectacular audio-visual journey through the album’s planetary artwork with short clips of the album’s twelve tracks.

This is followed on Friday 23 July, by the release of the album closer Coloratura – not a β€œsingle”, but an epic, 10-minute+ piano-led anthem!"

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 7

My impression of the teaser! Putting spoiler tag in case folks don't want to know more about it.Β 

Spoiler

Impressions:Β 

1. MX 2? A lot of people predicted this and it seems to be mostly accurate. Lots of electronics mixed with bright sounding instruments but also some slow spacey tracks.

2. Production is CRISP. It seems these songs are super cleanly produced, but in a way that doesn't feel like it takes away from the instrumentation. Vocals are super clean too. Must be Max Martin's magic!Β 

3. Interludes?? This can either be good or bad. I love how interludes are palate cleansers and ambient moments that are really pretty. But also, I don't want any tracks likeΒ Color Spectrum, which just repeat sounds, nor do I want the interludes to be 30 seconds long.Β 

4. Space/AlienΒ theme is likely super light. With the track listing leaked, I find Chris's whole "we're writing music about aliens so we can say thing about humans without talking about earth" kind of odd, because "Human" and "Earth" and "People" all are part of the tracks... Don't get me wrong, the planets and space theme is cool, but clearly the music has little/nothing to do with actual space. It's likely going to be a collection of long songs start to finish. We'll see when final lyrics drop.Β 

5. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!?? YES!!!!!Β 

6. MUSE? Maybe a big no. I hope the longer song is more dynamic, but right now this teaser sounds like it was built for a Home Depot commercial. I don't mind fuzzy rock in the style of Muse, but it's also not my fave rock genre and often times the repetitive bass riffs are kind of cloying. It just reeks of "here's our 'hard' rock song for all you 'rock' fans out there." but time will tell.Β 

7 Lush instrumentation!? YES!! The closing track, the weird alien voice track and a few others stand out to me for having some really nice acoustic guitars, pianos, and strings built into the mix which sound super professional and classy. Everyday Life was a classy sounding album and that sounds like it will carry over here.Β 

8. Vol 1 ??? I mean, this is the best thing to hear ever. It makes me think the band is enjoying making music with diverse artists and writing lots of new songs that they want to throw out. Maybe this era will last too long and maybe it will have some tracks that are duds, but I prefer the maximal 'release a ton of music' approach compared to releasing 9-10 tracks every 3 years.

Β 

4 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Anyone else thought that on Friday we areΒ getting 10 minutes and 18 seconds of new music...Β That's almost like 3 Higher Powers in length.Β ?

Maybe that's the trick, they will put the 3 Higher Power alternative versions/remixes one after anotherΒ ?

Edited by eddmen
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, AdamGraney said:

Interesting just found this on a different website selling the Vinyl

Β 

"Launched alongside the album announcement is Overtura (Music Of The Spheres Album Trailer) a spectacular audio-visual journey through the album’s planetary artwork with short clips of the album’s twelve tracks.

This is followed on Friday 23 July, by the release of the album closer Coloratura – not a β€œsingle”, but an epic, 10-minute+ piano-led anthem!"

can you share a link please? :wideeyed:

• Like 1

Wow Colotura is gonna have a lot on it's plate! That's nearly a quarter of the album's run time, so it has a lot riding on it being good. Based on the snippets tho, it sounds absolutely incredible, almost like something Elton John would do but then with some epic Daft-Punk-Random-Access-Memories style spacey orchestral instrumentation. SO EXCITED TO HEAR IT

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion