✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Will Champion will be joining DrumathonLIVE 2021 to raise awareness and funds for mental health May 15th.Β 

It looks like May is going to be a somewhat entertaining month after the guys have been out for a while. Is it a sign that we could have something next month?

Edited by Shiver98

5 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Anybody know the song being played at the very beginning of the clip? Sounds kind of like a bit ofΒ PoppyfieldsΒ but as far as I know it sounds different from anything they've ever made. I think it sounds pretty nice!

Β 

I thought he may be improvising, but it could also be a new song, who knows!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Anybody know the song being played at the very beginning of the clip? Sounds kind of like a bit ofΒ PoppyfieldsΒ but as far as I know it sounds different from anything they've ever made. I think it sounds pretty nice!

Β 

It has some resemblance to the piano that is buried in the mix at the beginning of Champion of the World, but it's not identical.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Β 

God it sounds so haunting... I'd love a song starting like that, imagine listening to that intro and then the song kicks int, talking about an astronaut lost in space. :P

• Like 5

On 4/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, TheBigBadBono said:

Β 

It's likely just something they came up with quite quickly. As others have said, he could even be improvising. That said, itΒ isΒ very nice and I could easily see it as an intro to a song, an interlude track, or even an Escapist-esque hidden track.

• Like 4

On 4/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Doomotron said:

It's likely just something they came up with quite quickly. As others have said, he could even be improvising. That said, itΒ isΒ very nice and I could easily see it as an intro to a song, an interlude track, or even an Escapist-esque hidden track.

I suppose it could be an instance like the last 20 seconds of this December 2010 recording when Chris plays a little bit of the Bani Adam intro as a little interlude after Trouble.

Or, he could have been improvising. Or, there's the off chance that he went back to that Trouble In Town performance and thought to himself "I really like that random bit of piano, I should record it so we can use it on the album."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shiver98 said:

Our friend vinny has discovered that ChrisΒ is in south korea, are they working on a collaboration? ???

Β 

Β 

Okay but what if the (highly speculated) Coldplay x BTS collab is actually a prog rock masterpiece?

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Shiver98 said:

Our friend vinny has discovered that ChrisΒ is in south korea, are they working on a collaboration? ???

Β 

Β 

Considering the number of musical styles the band have experimented with, it really wouldn't surprise me if K-pop was next on the agenda!!

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021