Recent content by Famous Old Painter

1. F

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

Now we've had some time to sit with it, do we think Everyday Life counts as a return to Oldplay or not?
  2. F

Doubt it would actually happen, but I’d be into it. Sounding more like Ghost Stories isn’t necessary a bad thing in my book.
  3. F

Possibly. Though I'm a weirdo that has Ghost Stories in his top 3 so I'm not a great authority on these things
  4. F

Everday Life as a Single Album

Here's my current playlist 1. Everyday Life 2. Church 3. Orphans 4. Flags 5. Champion of the World 6. Eko 7. Arabesque 8. Trouble in Town 9. Cry Cry Cry 10. Guns 11. Daddy 12. When I Need a Friend
  5. F

I'm hesistant to say this album is a return to Oldplay perse, but I easily prefer it to Mylo and AHFOD. Maybe X&Y as well.
  6. F

Trouble in Town - Sunrise

I prefer the YouTube mix. I like the message of the album version but the sample is just too violent and jarring to sound at home in a Coldplay song.
  7. F

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Not to make a big deal of this but, is Chris alright? He hasn’t been anywhere near his usual bubbly self in any of the EL interviews thus far. Even in the Ghost Stories era he was more upbeat. His comments on Glastonbury got me especially concerned; refusing to play there again all because of...
  8. F

Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Orphans is really fun
  9. F

Wow, I'm out of the loop. Look forward to seeing it soon then!
  10. F

I'm worried there'll be a ton more Church-style lipsynching at the next performance if Chris' vocals don't improve
  11. F

Yeah, sunset Jordan time. Which is probably tomorrow in your time.
  12. F

There will be another performance at sunset
  13. F

Chris lipsynching on Church makes this feel less like a live performance and more like a music video
  14. F

Everyday Life and depression

My partner’s out of hospital now and alive and well. Obviously the road ahead is going to be a difficult and frightening one for both of us, but I’m staying optimistic. Thanks for all the love and support, it means a lot.
  15. F

Everyday Life and depression

Thanks, Captain