[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
oh definitely! haha. i think phil being from oxford and being the manager at the time had a lot to do with this.
that makes sense. i never really thought about where Phil went to college -- i guess i just always assumed he was at UCL with the other boys :p

gai

so finally got to watch the whole thing. what a fantastically bonkers show! now this is the message of ahfod! how it's being translated live is just incredibly human and captivating! what coldplay failed to do at the super bowl, they did at glasto with just so much more! there were a few disjointed sections that throws the audience off, but in such a - bring you back to a completely different dimension way - that you just get caught up in it. coming from a not too big a fan of the recent material, all i can say is, no matter what we may think of coldplay as songwriters right now, they are masters live. and these songs fit in like pb&j with a huge audience. and how incredibly different is this show to the rest of the glasto headlines from coldplay! they always cater to their audience there. i was sure the same would happen this time. but they just went and played mostly the same set from the tour, just with a couple of special guest additions! and people (and critics!) loving it?! haven't seen this much recognition for the band in a long time!
and have to say, wonderful to see will getting the spotlight releasing the mighty drummer wilder beast on the paradise remix!

have to say, don't think this is one of the best technically played gigs by the band. but as a headliner closing out the festival at volatile times, this is pretty hard to top!

Mikey_Loves_Coldplay

You're a sky full of stars
Coldplayer
After all the years of listening to their songs and all the laughter and tears, this was my first Coldplay gig and I really enjoyed it.

I was blown away by the atmosphere that was created.

It was an unforgettable show and an experience that will long live in me!

Oh and I have the whole thing recorded on my SJCAM :)

shezza H

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
i noticed that all the sets waited for the last song or the end of the concert to unleash fireworks and confetti, but not coldplay, they blew everything off on the very first song and continued to do so throughout the concert :laugh3: they reallly love their pyrotechnics, don't they. i wonder how much it costs them :surprised:

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
i noticed that all the sets waited for the last song or the end of the concert to unleash fireworks and confetti, but not coldplay, they blew everything off on the very first song and continued to do so throughout the concert :laugh3: they reallly love their pyrotechnics, don't they. i wonder how much it costs them :surprised:
Haha I definitely noticed that! None of the sets even compared to Coldplay's when it came to the sheer joyful atmosphere, and I think the pyrotechnics were a big part of that. :dance:

shezza H

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Haha I definitely noticed that! None of the sets even compared to Coldplay's when it came to the sheer joyful atmosphere, and I think the pyrotechnics were a big part of that. :dance:
hahaha yes, they love going big :bliss:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/oxfamgb/status/759006170875043840

Thank you for pre-ordering Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Glastonbury Live 2016.
We are thrilled to confirm the final tracklist for the first live Glastonbury album of its kind.
The album will be released on digital download on Friday 5th August.
You will receive an email with access to your download on release.

1 Coldplay – Birds
2 Foals – What Went Down
3 The Last Shadow Puppets – The Dream Synopsis
4 Jeff Lynne’s ELO – Showdown
5 Chvrches – Bury It
6 New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle
7 Years & Years – Eyes Shut
8 Jess Glynne – Right Here
9 Muse – Starlight
10 Wolf Alice – Giant Peach
11 Editors – Munich
12 Sigur Rós – Sæglópur
13 John Grant – Grey Tickles, Black Pressure
14 Richard Hawley – Tonight The Streets Are Ours
15 Jack Garratt – Worry
16 Laura Mvula – People
17 Madness – My Girl
18 Baaba Maal – Fulani Rock
19 Jamie Lawson – Someone For Everyone

We hope you're as excited as we are!

Best wishes, Oxfam.

Last edited:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So glad I ordered this:bliss::dazzled::loveshower:

RedGirl76

Hello.
Coldplayer
A friend of mine went to Glastonbury with his family and wants to find a framed print of the band for his sister's birthday. Anyone got any ideas where to look? He lives in the UK and he's got about a month before her birthday.