Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2016-12-13] Allianz Stadium, Sydney, Australia

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Good evening. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay are heading to Australia and New Zealand in December to play four stadium shows. The dates are as follows:

Saturday, December 3, 2016 – AUCKLAND MT Smart Stadium

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 – BRISBANE Suncorp Stadium

Friday, December 9, 2016 – MELBOURNE Etihad Stadium

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 – SYDNEY Allianz Stadium

On sale info is below – and tickets will be available from here. NB: all times are local times to the city of the show.

SYDNEY
Tickets on sale 2pm on Monday May 30
Amex presale: 12noon Monday May 23 until 12noon Thursday May 26
My Live Nation pre-sale: 2pm Thursday May 26 until 5pm Sunday May 29

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah for the Aussies

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
I dont know why but I have a feeling they will add a second date on the 14th, or maybe the day before that.

Jack worden

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
English backpacker in Australia for a year! Need somebody to go to the gig with flying over to Glastonbury to see them in June!

0o0jackie0o0

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I just made the stupid mistake of thinkng I could take my time in getting tickets for this. Went online to buy tickets today at night only to find that the Gold Standing seats (I refuse any other type of tickets) were all gone within a few hours. I can't believe it . Ive waited so long for this. Was devastated. Found some tickets on ebay for double the price and bought them . 300 EACH :( ... plus gotta pay for flights over from perth. Oh well, who knows how many more tours they'll do...I know it'll be worth the money

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer

coldplay.FTW

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can anyone please advise how is Platinum seat like? was going for gold seating but unable to get hold of it.

Attachments

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
Anyone here will be going to both shows in Sydney?

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Hi friends,

I am lucky enough to be seeing Coldplay twice in Australia. It's a long story, but I'm originally from California, have recently moved to Hawaii and have come to Australia to see our boys. I am staying with my friend Lucy in Adelaide and we went to the Melbourne show on Friday and are going to Sydney on Tuesday. It will be my 32 show [emoji7] and Lucy's 12th.

Anyway, lucy and I just recorded our request video and posted it on Instagram. We would love it if any of you would view and like it. Search for lucy_btravels.

Thanks much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Benjamin

Right = Wrong
Coldplayer
They played 1-2 less songs than usual. I was really expecting Don't Panic and/or Magic.... and we got neither. :/

Christmas Lights was a nice unexpected encore, but I'd still probably give it a 7/10. They've been better.

Last edited:

msimo4

GS era fan, wishing to have been an MX era fan...
Coldplayer
They played 1-2 less songs than usual. I was really expecting Don't Panic and/or Magic.... and we got neither. :/

Christmas Lights was a nice unexpected encore, but I'd still probably give it a 7/10. They've been better.
They did Princess of China instead of Magic and dropped Amazing Day in favour of Christmas Lights (which I certainly didn't mind). They did drop the request song, which was a bit strange, but otherwise I adore the two C-stage songs they did and the tribute to the Jonny and the band for Green Eyes was beautiful. But otherwise they did a full setlist. I'm so fucking glad they did Christmas Lights, what a treat.

This show was my first ever Coldplay show and it was the best day of my life. Just because they swapped a few songs around doesn't mean they were bad; the actual show itself was as spectacular as ever, perhaps even better. The atmosphere was fantastic and I certainly don't think it was a bad show.

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
. We were at the barrier in front of Jonny. We had an absolutely amazing time. The crowd was so much louder than Melbourne (where we were 1/2 way down the ramp on 9 Dec). This was my 32 time seeing them and I was not disappointed in the least. They did Christmas lights after Up & Up and the bow - they huddled and went to their places and played. It was awesome - I recorded it but it's a bit shaky. Haha.

msimo4

GS era fan, wishing to have been an MX era fan...
Coldplayer
. We were at the barrier in front of Jonny. We had an absolutely amazing time. The crowd was so much louder than Melbourne (where we were 1/2 way down the ramp on 9 Dec). This was my 32 time seeing them and I was not disappointed in the least. They did Christmas lights after Up & Up and the bow - they huddled and went to their places and played. It was awesome - I recorded it but it's a bit shaky. Haha.

Wait a second... 32nd time. Are you serious! That must be some kind of record... how I envy you...:awesome:

antdrew

Never in a rush
Coldplayer
Wait a second... 32nd time. Are you serious! That must be some kind of record... how I envy you...:awesome:
Yeah same ahhh, I envy some of you people old enough to have seen them on their earlier tours :p That setlist does sound really cool especially Christmas lights but the concert in Brisbane I went to had: shiver, don't panic and 'til kingdom come. So Brisbane wins ;)

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer

Just out of curiosity. During which eras have you seen the band live?

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Just out of curiosity. During which eras have you seen the band live?
Twisted Logic was the first tour I saw in 2005 and I saw 2 shows. I lived in California, and they were always coming to LA, but I've also seen them in Texas, Florida and New York. I saw them several times for Viva, then a ton of times for MX. For AHFOD, I saw several promo appearances in LA last November, then twice in LA in August 2016, and now twice in AUS. We moved from California to Hawaii this past August, so I decided to visit friends in AUS and went. I'm going to see them again Oct 2017 in Portland, OR. I know I"m super lucky to be able to travel to see them. They have never come to Hawaii :( So I have to go find them :)

razors_girl23

Truth Beauty Freedom Love
Coldplayer
The crowd in Sydney was exponentially better than Melbourne. I went to both shows in both cities (so 4 all up) and the Sydney crowd was incredible. I couldn't believe my luck when they played Christmas Lights.

0o0jackie0o0

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
went to the second Sydney show and was also right in front of Johny. They were nothing short of amazing and I wouldnt have expected any less from them. Thought the crowd was pretty good too, caught the guys looking at each other and grinning a few times when the crowd was going nuts. Wish they played Christmas lights for us but instead we got Christmas with the Kangaroos which was very memorable haha. Cant believe its over to. Dont know what to do with myself now tho, miss knowing that no matter how my day goes, Ive got a Coldplay concert to go to. sighhhhh