[23-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ iHeartRadio Music Festival, MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Brent

Rudy
Coldplayer
Looks like that gap of non-Coldplay in September is closing!

ClearChannel has announced that they will be having a two-day live streaming event, and Coldplay will be one of the headliners. A schedule has not been released yet. It's in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

I think this was JUST announced, so there's not many outlets reporting. But I found this, among others, and Coldplay are on the list: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/60905375.html

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
^ thanks for the info!

------------------

EXCLUSIVE: Iheartradio Event Unveiled

As lady luck would have it we’ve been scouring the internet, our ninjas and sources to get the good word on what is happening with Iheartradio, Clearchannel and this big announcement on Monday morning at 8:15am by none other than Ryan Seacrest. Well here it is folks, as promised IHeartradio and ClearChannel are throwing the biggest concert of our current lifetime. It’s the Iheartradio Music Festival and it’s happening September 23-24th in Las Vegas, NV at the MGM Grand.

Here are the artists already playing:

Kenny Chesney, Rascall Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Lady GaGa, Coldplay, John Mayer, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, Niki Minaj, David Guetta, Bruno Mars, Usher

Iheartradio is also going to announce some major changes. You’ll still be able to listen to your favorite Clear Channel Radio Stations but you’ll also have a more Pandora like radio interface.

So now thanks to Thedroidguy, you don’t have to twist and turn all weekend wondering what IHeartradio is doing. Oh and tickets go on sale next Saturday at 10:00am

http://thedroidguy.com/2011/07/exclusive-iheartradio-event-unveiled/

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
OMG, I can't believe this... Vegas where I live and where we do not have any festivals out here what so ever?!?! Man... I am sooo excited.

Kroket

Nikki
Coldplayer
Wow, this reminds me: last year Sept 23 and 24 I actually was staying at the MGM.
Not this year though :(

But great news for people in Vegas and the ones planning to go :D

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
How easy would it be for Coldplay's entourage and equip to get from Vegas (23rd) to the Music Midwest festival in Atlanta (24th) in a day?

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
They probably have two sets of the major equipment, in Arras the stage was completely set up with all the Coldplay lights, screens, lasers, circular visuals before we got in at noon (and hidden by a black curtain) and they'd been in Belgium the night before, which isn't a million miles away but far enough for there not to be enough time to get it all down at midnight the previous night and back up again by noon the next day.

Edit: Actually screw that I just looked up the distance between the two festivals and the driving time is only 2 hours :lol: It works for T in the Park and Oxegen though :p

littlewhiteshadow

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
All the closer to California :). The boys should know it's a quick hour's flight from San Francisco to Vegas. Just sayin.

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Pretty easy for them to make the Atlanta festival. The flight would be about 5 hours and change non stop, and as Mich said, they most likely would have their main set already at Atlanta's festival, and MGM would have not so big of their set-up.

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Arrrrg!!!!:thinking: Atlanta is an 8 hour drive, and it's a festival setting which I'm not into. Vegas is 6 hour flight, plus, hotel and car..............must investigate this more!!:\ It's my hubbys BD on the 22nd, so I must work on him, he already said that would be a great BD present:sneaky:

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Seems a bit of a Mickey Mouse festival looking more closely at it... :confused:

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Arrrrg!!!!:thinking: Atlanta is an 8 hour drive, and it's a festival setting which I'm not into. Vegas is 6 hour flight, plus, hotel and car..............must investigate this more!!:\ It's my hubbys BD on the 22nd, so I must work on him, he already said that would be a great BD present:sneaky:
Tracey, I'll meet you in Vegas!

Juanma

In my Place
Coldplayer
Coldplay Just confirmed it on twitter !!

The title of this thread should be I heart radio ...

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Confirmed on coldplay.com, too. Damn...I'm flying to Austin the week before. I don't know if I can do both :( Presale is open now, tix start at $289 for Friday only, ouch. But I could drive there and stay with my mother in law...

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Confirmed on coldplay.com, too. Damn...I'm flying to Austin the week before. I don't know if I can do both :( Presale is open now, tix start at $289 for Friday only, ouch. But I could drive there and stay with my mother in law...
YOU blew my hopes away..... 289.00 a ticket??? Holy Cow, guess it's not happening then:( these are the bands for friday, and it means CP wil not be playing a full set, I would imagine:thinking:

DAY ONE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 Doors @ 6:30 PM. Show @ 7:30 PM Featuring: Coldplay Carrie Underwood Bruno Mars Alicia Keys Black Eyed Peas Jane's Addiction John Mayer
See More
See Less

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
YOU blew my hopes away..... 289.00 a ticket??? Holy Cow, guess it's not happening then:( these are the bands for friday, and it means CP wil not be playing a full set, I would imagine:thinking:

DAY ONE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 Doors @ 6:30 PM. Show @ 7:30 PM Featuring: Coldplay Carrie Underwood Bruno Mars Alicia Keys Black Eyed Peas Jane's Addiction John Mayer
See More
See Less
Tracey, every radio station that is clear channel is giving away tickets. You have been lucky before! And the $289 are the highest priced tux, there are $45 available, upper level behind the stage. No thanks!!! But yeah, $289 for one night is crazy.

wingzer0

I am the stig?
Coldplayer
Has anyone seen the presale for this event?

If you like iHeartRadio on their facebook fanpage, you can get tickets in advance. The presale ends on July16th. You can't get to the presale unless you like their page. If you're interested click on the link! :)

https://www.facebook.com/iheartradio