[9-July-2011] Coldplay @ T in the Park, Balado, Kinross-shire, Scotland

Londonerr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sorry if the stream was a bit crap tonight i was not around so could not keep an eye on it

From what i heard there was a menu bar on the screen that didnt go but apart from that the stream should have been ok

Hope you enjoyed

I can replay it tomorrow night if need be without the menu bar

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
Sorry if the stream was a bit crap tonight i was not around so could not keep an eye on it

From what i heard there was a menu bar on the screen that didnt go but apart from that the stream should have been ok

Hope you enjoyed

Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining. Not at all!! VERY grateful for the experience even if there were some technical issues. Sounds like it was my isp or computer. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!:)

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Too tired to function.

I know you all saw it and yes it was awesome. 20x better than Main Square, it was a completely different band. Brilliant!

As for T...think that's my first and last time there...

H

howyousawtheworld

Ok. Just come in from a night out and I've now got the programme playing on my playstation 3 iplayer. Hope it's a good one!

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer

Hope you enjoyed

It was great for me, so thank you for it. :)

Juanma

In my Place
Coldplayer
Too tired to function.

I know you all saw it and yes it was awesome. 20x better than Main Square, it was a completely different band. Brilliant!

you went to both gigs,dont you?

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Too tired to function.

yay :D

and that crowd did look rough :shocked2:

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Too tired to function.

I agree. Chris appeared to be on cracking form, and infinitely more talkative and "spontaneous" than he was at Arras. Oh well, luck of the draw, I guess.
Saying that, Chris also seemed to be a lot less restricted on the "T" stage, making it easier for him to move and jump around, which must have helped.
Didn't t look like he had any cameramen around his feet, either.

Same here with Arras.

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
yay :D

and that crowd did look rough :shocked2:
They really were. They had this stupid Golden circle thing going on, whereby you had to queue after each act to get in, we were almost crushed to death trying to get in before Coldplay. People were surging and the barriers were really narrow, it was scary. The guards did absolutely nothing.

Some people were being sick or were too inebriated on whatever to function, others were launching drinks into the air and crowd surfing. One idiot was even standing on someone's shoulders. People were lurching so much we managed to get from row 11 to row 4 by the end.

Those who were compos mentis though were brilliant, it really was a spectacular crowd. They all went wild for Guy when Chris was being very sweet and bigging him up massively. The Why Does it Always Rain on me cover was inspired too.

Can't wait to watch the whole thing back.

But no T is definitely not for me, but it was an experience.

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They really were. They had this stupid Golden circle thing going on, whereby you had to queue after each act to get in, we were almost crushed to death trying to get in before Coldplay. People were surging and the barriers were really narrow, it was scary. The guards did absolutely nothing.
The same as happened at PinkPop then. I hope this isn't a trend with festivals now. Sounds like a complete and utter joke.:dozey:
For this very reason, I'm glad I wasn't at either PP OR T (and I had seriously considered going to PP).
At least that didn't happen at Arras, for all its faults.

And if festival organisers are going to to that, they should make it clear on the tickets or website beforehand, so that people don't then waste their time queuing all day for a good spot, thinking it's theirs for the day if they want it. It's unfair.

Actually, if it had been done this way at Arras, it might not have been such a bad thing, as I wouldn't have had to endure the likes of PJ Harvey and Portishead at close range!:p

Some people were being sick or were too inebriated on whatever to function, others were launching drinks into the air and crowd surfing. One idiot was even standing on someone's shoulders. People were lurching so much we managed to get from row 11 to row 4 by the end.
Again, that doesn't surprise me in the least. When I see people even sitting on another's shoulders (as often happens at Glasto) I think it's bang out of order, unfair on those standing behind, and should never be allowed.
Of course, standing on somebody's shoulders is also extremely dangerous and could easily result in somebody being seriously injured.:dozey:

By the way, was it that lunatic guy wearing a hat and no shirt I spotted during GPASUYF?:dozey:

The Why Does it Always Rain on me cover was inspired too, particularly as I'm a big Travis fan, and first met Chris as he was leaving a Travis gig at London's Astoria.
I couldn't agree more. Chris at his "spontaneous" best. The standout highlight for me.
I also loved how he sang "I'm going to 'T In The Park' " at the end of "The Scientist". Simple, but very effective!

But no T is definitely not for me, but it was an experience.
Pretty much what I said about Arras. No regrets, but never again.

Incidentally, watching the boys at Glasto and T, and being at Arras, has reiterated to me how much I appreciate the older, classic songs when compared to the new ones.
I'm not saying I hate the new songs or anything like that, but it's still the likes of "In My Place", "Politik", "The Scientist", "GPASUYF" (particularly the latest live version, which is brilliant), "Clocks", "Shiver", "Everything's Not Lost", "Spies", "Trouble" and "Don't Panic" that do it for me every time they're played.

That goes for VLV and "Violet Hill", for that matter.

Saying that, "MX" makes for a pretty good opening song - IMO, much better than LIT. And ETIAW is a pretty good "party" song to play at the end.;)