Birds - Lyrics Decryption

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
And can you decypher the last lines? It seems like Chris is singing different words.
The very two last lines? I hear exactly the same as on the lyrics:

"when you fly won’t you
would you take me too?
in this world so cruel
I think you’re so cool"

Or did you mean another part?

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The very two last lines?
Or did you mean another part?
The last 2 lines I can understand but the lines above them are difficult to hear and seem different from the lyrics on the website.

See post #18 for the 2 paragraphs I'm referring to. That's my interpretation of them.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I re-listened but I hear the same as the official lyrics.

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I have been playing this over and over again and I must be going crazy because I keep hearing it like this:

come on all for Love
out from beyond and --> this I'm not sure of, but it's not underground
away with me
we don’t need words
close your eyes and see
and we’ll be birds
flying free
holding on in the mystery

fearless, for you this feel(ings) --> I really hear this part different from the official lyrics
said we'll go
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
through this together
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

when you fly won’t you
would you take me too?
in this world so cruel
I think you’re so cool

and then I got the idea to play it at a slower tempo and now I'm pretty sure the lyrics on the site are different.
And if they are not, stuburn as I am, I will keep singing my version anyway. :D

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
^^ What I hear is:

"Out from the underground awaaaaaayyyyyyyyy with me" (underground and away are almost one word as he sings them one after the other, maybe thats why you dont hear it?)

I definitely hear fearless three times, the last one a bit unclear but its there in my ears. I cant hear the together after fearless though.

Cant hear the you before said we´ll go, but it may very well be there.

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
That's one thing I'm 100% sure off, how it is written in the official lyrics:

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
fearless together
you said ‘we’ll go through this together’

is not how Chris is singing it. :)
That guy is surely keeping us busy and probably when singing it live he has changed it to something else.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I do like "fearless together" better though hehe I wish he sang it on the album lol

MICHAELSD

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it's "forty million people," referring to Coldplay's 40 million Facebook fans.

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
Okay I've come here and I thought I was the only one a little confused :laugh3:

Looking at the official lyrics it says

fearless together

and looking at the handwritten lyrics, it looks like it says that too so I've been trying to make it work when I listen to it but I really just don't hear the words fearless and together at all in the spot they're meant to be in :laugh2:

BUT I think the line is actually

fearless through this ???you??? (it sounds like he's saying 'through' again here)
you said we'll gooooooooooooooooooooooo
through this together (this was the line I always thought was fearless together)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because he clearly says 'through this together' so I think what's thrown me off is seeing the words 'fearless together' so close to each other (and in the same colours) but I think the placement is just confusing and because 'together' isn't written twice as the official Coldplay.com lyrics suggest.

So right now we're reading it like:

but I think it's actually:

Don't know if I'm shouting into the void here but I love this song and since hearing the vocal only version it's a bit easier to make out the lyrics? Thoughts?

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Okay I've come here and I thought I was the only one a little confused :laugh3:

Looking at the official lyrics it says

fearless together

and looking at the handwritten lyrics, it looks like it says that too so I've been trying to make it work when I listen to it but I really just don't hear the words fearless and together at all in the spot they're meant to be in :laugh2:

BUT I think the line is actually

fearless through this ???you??? (it sounds like he's saying 'through' again here)
you said we'll gooooooooooooooooooooooo
through this together (this was the line I always thought was fearless together)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because he clearly says 'through this together' so I think what's thrown me off is seeing the words 'fearless together' so close to each other (and in the same colours) but I think the placement is just confusing and because 'together' isn't written twice as the official Coldplay.com lyrics suggest.

So right now we're reading it like:

but I think it's actually:

Don't know if I'm shouting into the void here but I love this song and since hearing the vocal only version it's a bit easier to make out the lyrics? Thoughts?
These lyrics have been a mystery for me from the beginning. [emoji1]

I will analyse it when I'm a little less busy.
You know what I think about the ripped version. [emoji6]

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
These lyrics have been a mystery for me from the beginning. [emoji1]

I will analyse it when I'm a little less busy.
You know what I think about the ripped version. [emoji6]
That version made me bypass my unconcerned attitude to the lyrics (I just gave up after a while and would just sing along to whatever sounded similar to Chris' wording) and now that I can hear it a bit clearer, this is what I've come up with and I just need someone else to agree so I can move on :laugh3: :laugh3:

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
there is a vocal only version? :wacko:

it has always sounded to me something like "fearless, fearless, free," but i could easily see it being "fearless through this"... still sounds like an e sound for the last word to me, though :shrug:

edit: OK, i did listen to the vocal-only version and it has just confused me even more :lol: now it sounds like he only says "through this, through this, through"

as a side note, i didn't realize i could love that song even more but the vocals only did it :dazzled:

Last edited:

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
it has always sounded to me something like "fearless, fearless, free," but i could easily see it being "fearless through this"... still sounds like an e sound for the last word to me, though :shrug:

edit: OK, i did listen to the vocal-only version and it has just confused me even more :lol: now it sounds like he only says "through this, through this, through"
as a side note, i didn't realize i could love that song even more but the vocals only did it :dazzled:
I totally always sang along with 'through this through this through' but then where does 'fearless' come in! I spend too much time thinking about this :laugh3: So now I sing along to my assumption of 'fearless through this you, you said we'll goooooooo....' I don't know haha

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
I totally always sang along with 'through this through this through' but then where does 'fearless' come in! I spend too much time thinking about this :laugh3: So now I sing along to my assumption of 'fearless through this you, you said we'll goooooooo....' I don't know haha
it probably has a lot to do with Chris always saying 'th' like 'f' :rolleyes::lol: