Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Critic ratings.

Kingzilla

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Two new reviews came in, a four star and a 2 and half star. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very split album amongst pretty much everyone.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
When I say I don't truly care what critics say, I mean that it doesn't change my opinion. I already said why I do look at critics' ratings, which also is why I made thread - as well to inform everyone of the first review of the album. With that said, I think the way you look about it is something to admire. I personally cannot ignore the good or bad. If I think an album is good, I smile when someone agrees and frown when someone says its bad. If you can block all that, all the power to you.
VERY WELL written.

If you need somebody's else opinion to make your own opinion... well then what the hell is wrong with you?

Bad_Replicant

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Fuck the NY Daily News. That guy didn't even have the correct release date. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably hasn't even heard any other Coldplay album
I don't know if I'd call knowing the exact release date of an album an important factor in a critical analysis. :lol:

Seriously though, who cares. I didn't read a thing about Mylo Xyloto after it came out, never felt a need to, and I'm sure the relationship I grew to have with that album was probably better for it. I didn't even realize until recently that it wasn't as well-received critically as Viva La Vida had been. Any album that's not AROBTTH is always gonna have a few people saying "THIS REKERD IS TEH SUXORS, BURN IT!!!!". I dig Ghost Stories, and right now that's all I'm concerned with. Be merry!

ihaveabono

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I don't know if I'd call knowing the exact release date of an album an important factor in a critical analysis. :lol:

Seriously though, who cares. I didn't read a thing about Mylo Xyloto after it came out, never felt a need to, and I'm sure the relationship I grew to have with that album was probably better for it. I didn't even realize until recently that it wasn't as well-received critically as Viva La Vida had been. Any album that's not AROBTTH is always gonna have a few people saying "THIS REKERD IS TEH SUXORS, BURN IT!!!!". I dig Ghost Stories, and right now that's all I'm concerned with. Be merry!
i agree with you on all points. :) but i think what he wants to point out is the fact that that particular critic did not really made a sufficent research about ghost stories. he cannot even get his facts straight. so from a journalistic point of you, that critic somewhat lacks credibility. :) my opinion though, :)

Bad_Replicant

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i agree with you on all points. :) but i think what he wants to point out is the fact that that particular critic did not really made a sufficent research about ghost stories. he cannot even get his facts straight. so from a journalistic point of you, that critic somewhat lacks credibility. :) my opinion though, :)
Fair enough. I'd still call it a minor detail when it basically comes down to a person judging something they're hearing, but I see your point. Maybe he went through some sort of accelerated Journalism for Clowns program? There's a closet full of big, floppy shoes in that house, man. I can feel it.

ihaveabono

Coldplayer
Fair enough. I'd still call it a minor detail when it basically comes down to a person judging something they're hearing, but I see your point. Maybe he went through some sort of accelerated Journalism for Clowns program? There's a closet full of big, floppy shoes in that house, man. I can feel it.
i think i have read an article where, most music labels send albums to critics at least one month early so that they can make a review. they say that most major music critics listen to the track over and over again so that they can have a definite judgment about the songs. the wisdom in it is that, we cannot judge a song based on one or 2 listens only :)

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Is that last review forreal?
I posted this on the other thread on that review, I'll do it here too:
He probably got bullied by Chris in primary school :L I cannot see how you can hate a band so much. I think we have the definition of a computer-nazi and a showboater wanting to get attention by forcing as much hate-infused, narcisstic shit out of his extremely tight arsehole as he can :lol: Just smile and wave, Coldplay, just smile and wave...

ColdMartin

Coldplayer
Never in human f***ing history, since fish first slithered onto the f***ing land and sprouted limbs has there been a more nondescript f***ing decade than the f***ing Noughties and never has there been a more nondescript f***ing group than those gelatinous c***lords Coldplay! They made Dido sound like Bessie f***ing Smith! They filled the giant f***ing void in pop culture in the early 21st century because they are a giant f***ing void! Somehow, Martin’s knack for trudging up and down a keyboard like a middle aged man in f***ing chinos strolling to the f***ing corner shop to buy the f***ing Daily Express while singing like he’d just been kneed in the f***ing bollocks caught the zeitgeist of the dullest, do-nothing, think-wishfully generation of all f***ing time! In the rock & roll hall of fame they sit near the f***ing exit like a f***ing birch veneer occasional f***ing table! Getting excited about f***ing Coldplay is like getting excited about the f***ing Liberal Democrat Spring conference!

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review