Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
So today is one of these days were I am asking myself again, what is the purpose of living through every day ?
When I was younger I used to have a motivation for living and I used to think that every day and year brings you closer to your life's goals and that once you reach a certain point, everything will be better. It was as if I was working towards something but along the way found out that there isn't really such a thing, and now it feels like it's just a hamster wheel that you're stuck on for the next 60 years or so. And sometimes I feel like all the nice things like going to concerts or travelling are just momentary distractions from this inescapable routine.
And it seems to be the same with human relationships in general (by that I mean any kind, also friendships etc.). What is the purpose if they always seem to involve rejection or hurt or disappointment ?
I'm just sometimes so sick of life in general....
I believe everything we go through is part of our life and makes us who we are. We get disappointments, we face rejection, we fail, we had bad moments. But we also have nice memories, success, friendship. Nothing will be perfect or it might seem perfect just for yourself, it depends on the way you see it. I believe on seeing each sunrise as a gift and to treasure every moment when I'm happy and to learn from or forget the bad moments. I try to stay positive because I don't find any purpose on seeing the negative side of life; I don't know what I'd be doing at this moment of my mind was full of those thoughts. The sad moments in my life have taught me to keep moving forward and to show to myself that I can be as happy as I want with the things and people I have in my life.
Maybe, this post doesn't make sense but what I'm trying to say is don't try to make sense of life just because everyone does it. Look for your strength inside you, find your happiness in the things, moments and people you have around you but don't rely just on them. It might sound weird to say but "when you see it you'll understand" not everything is just black and white, there are lots of colors we can't identify yet, we need time to find them.
Sending you a big hug :heart:

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
@I ran away

The past is called the past for a reason. When the dust has settled, and it's all over, whether you like the outcome or not you have to accept it for what it's worth. We can only live and learn. It is easier to be negative than it is to be positive. And while I can just say, think positive, that won't really help you at all. You don't have to move mountains to figure out the source of the problem. But at the same time, progress is only made when you step outside your comfort zone. Sometimes you have to do things that scare you half to death. Because when you do something scary, and complete it, you just told yourself that you are capable of doing so much more! You are stronger than you think, you are smarter than you think. You are better than you think. We as humans are capable of so much! Yet we refuse to believe it because it means we have to scare ourselves and do something we "think" we cannot do. The minute you open your mind to everything that comes in, the minute you tell yourself, "I can and I will just watch me!!" That is the day you realize you are capable of doing anything. Our hardest critic is ourselves. Our worst enemy is staring back at us everyday in the mirror. My advice, Never Never Never Give Up!! Just find a way to overcome, don't give in and keep on pushing. Just keep holding on. Never Never Never Give Up!!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
@I ran away I know what you mean because I feel exactly the same. Like Coldplay says, "I don't know which way I'm going, I don't know which way I've come". It seems like we can only find happiness at some moments but the rest of our lifes we just live and that's all. It's like we are in a hole or something like that... during last days I've been wondering a lot about how we can feel better. I'd wish I could have a better answer, but maybe all we can do is to appreciate more the small things. We should try to find happiness in the details. Even if we think our routines are boring and bad, maybe we still can find something beautiful in them... a song, a movie, an unexpected smile... anything could be useful to make us feel good.
Regarding to what you've said about relationships, sadly right now there's nothing positive I can say about it... recently I kinda lost faith in most people. I've had so many disappointments, broken promises... and honestly I'm really tired of it. From now on, I will try to find happiness all by myself. If someone wants to come with me, that will be ok... but it will also be ok if no one comes.
I send you a big hug :)
I believe everything we go through is part of our life and makes us who we are. We get disappointments, we face rejection, we fail, we had bad moments. But we also have nice memories, success, friendship. Nothing will be perfect or it might seem perfect just for yourself, it depends on the way you see it. I believe on seeing each sunrise as a gift and to treasure every moment when I'm happy and to learn from or forget the bad moments. I try to stay positive because I don't find any purpose on seeing the negative side of life; I don't know what I'd be doing at this moment of my mind was full of those thoughts. The sad moments in my life have taught me to keep moving forward and to show to myself that I can be as happy as I want with the things and people I have in my life.
Maybe, this post doesn't make sense but what I'm trying to say is don't try to make sense of life just because everyone does it. Look for your strength inside you, find your happiness in the things, moments and people you have around you but don't rely just on them. It might sound weird to say but "when you see it you'll understand" not everything is just black and white, there are lots of colors we can't identify yet, we need time to find them.
Sending you a big hug :heart:
@I ran away

The past is called the past for a reason. When the dust has settled, and it's all over, whether you like the outcome or not you have to accept it for what it's worth. We can only live and learn. It is easier to be negative than it is to be positive. And while I can just say, think positive, that won't really help you at all. You don't have to move mountains to figure out the source of the problem. But at the same time, progress is only made when you step outside your comfort zone. Sometimes you have to do things that scare you half to death. Because when you do something scary, and complete it, you just told yourself that you are capable of doing so much more! You are stronger than you think, you are smarter than you think. You are better than you think. We as humans are capable of so much! Yet we refuse to believe it because it means we have to scare ourselves and do something we "think" we cannot do. The minute you open your mind to everything that comes in, the minute you tell yourself, "I can and I will just watch me!!" That is the day you realize you are capable of doing anything. Our hardest critic is ourselves. Our worst enemy is staring back at us everyday in the mirror. My advice, Never Never Never Give Up!! Just find a way to overcome, don't give in and keep on pushing. Just keep holding on. Never Never Never Give Up!!
Thank you all for your replies. I read them all but to be honest I don't really know what to say. Some days I feel ok and others I feel so devoid of any hope or meaning. Haven't found a solution yet.

AmyEverdeen

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Thank you all for your replies. I read them all but to be honest I don't really know what to say. Some days I feel ok and others I feel so devoid of any hope or meaning. Haven't found a solution yet.
It'll get better. Sometimes it just takes some time. In any case, you're not alone.

joswe5673

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey, this is really, really, really special thread. This is a space where I can really can share my feelings because I believe you are the ones who will understand more even than my close friends.

Last year I went (finally) to my first Coldplay in Colombia because it was the nearest placeconcert and it was amazing... It was the happiest day of my entire life... For real, was it. I went with some friends and my girlfriend.
Some weeks after I found that my girlfriend was cheating on me and a lot stuff happened in that time, (depression) and the memory of the concert turned a really dark memory. I cound't listen any song... Because it was a hell...
After months of recovering now I can enjoy again Coldplay and even I changed the last week of my vacations on october and spend savings (and a 13 hours flight jeje) to go to the Rose Bowl concert. I don't know if I will be able to manage all the emotions of the concert, but I know will enjoy it with all my heart.
So, if you are going to the concert and see a guy with a world flag (I'm from Panama but I really love the project of a flag for the whole world, and also it has something in common with Coldplay) that's me. =)

Hope you are having a nice day, ViVa La ViDa

antdrew

Never in a rush
Coldplayer
So today is one of these days were I am asking myself again, what is the purpose of living through every day ?
When I was younger I used to have a motivation for living and I used to think that every day and year brings you closer to your life's goals and that once you reach a certain point, everything will be better. It was as if I was working towards something but along the way found out that there isn't really such a thing, and now it feels like it's just a hamster wheel that you're stuck on for the next 60 years or so. And sometimes I feel like all the nice things like going to concerts or travelling are just momentary distractions from this inescapable routine.
And it seems to be the same with human relationships in general (by that I mean any kind, also friendships etc.). What is the purpose if they always seem to involve rejection or hurt or disappointment ?
I'm just sometimes so sick of life in general....
The short answer is that there is no answer I guess. Like relationships as well I don't understand like I find myself as an observer watching friends go through breakups and being depressed and all. And then they're with another girlfriend and the same thing will eventually happen again. Like it's a destructive and depressing way to view the world and kinda reminds me of "gravity", that people are just inclined to be together... I feel like if you think you're job is as monotonous as thinking of grinding for the next 60 years, definitely think about if there's something else that you'd be more interested in doing. But I mean easier said than done :/

Going back to what people were talking about before, looking back into the past is and always has been a problem of mine as well. It's just like a matter of letting go, especially when you know what you did to cause a friendship to break down. There's always that kinda guilt you feel about what if, I didn't do this and didn't let this person down.

Draco

Broken Hearts Make it Rain
Coldplayer
Hey. I know this is a place where we could be open about things, and I have so here's something else. Have any of y'all questioned you're sexuality to the point it's made you feel oddly isolated. I'm still quite young, I won't reveal my age exactly, but I'm feeling really strange and feel like I'm in a void in terms of my orientation. I'm female by the way and have always identified as straight but I'm starting to reconsider if I'm into other girls because there are lots of things not adding up in my head, even though my history has pretty much been always into males in real life, like crushes and all that and in my fantasies for the most part. In certain ways I'm into girls (I won't go into detail lmao) and literally just yesterday I started considering that I may be into spending my life with one (even though I've never been with one in real life) and things are getting quite confusing to figure out because I might not want to marry a man or spend my life with one in the long run. I don't know if I'm just bored with them or what??? cause I've just been enraptured by men lol in many aspects of my life. I know that I have a lifetime to figure this out. I think again I'm just scared of abandoning my past self and what I used to like and be comfortable with. Like I'm afraid to jump out of my comfort zone and I shouldn't be. I actually don't have any negative outside influence telling me that being gay or bisexual is wrong, in fact I'm living in a place that's extremely accepting of it, so I'm think I'm just battling with my own confusion and feelings.

Last edited:

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
Hey. I know this is a place where we could be open about things, and I have so here's something else. Have any of y'all questioned you're sexuality to the point it's made you feel oddly isolated. I'm still quite young, I won't reveal my age exactly, but I'm feeling really strange and feel like I'm in a void in terms of my orientation. I'm female by the way and have always identified as straight but I'm starting to reconsider if I'm into other girls because there are lots of things not adding up in my head, even though my history has pretty much been always into males in real life, like crushes and all that and in my fantasies for the most part. In certain ways I'm into girls (I won't go into detail lmao) and literally just yesterday I started considering that I may be into spending my life with one (even though I've never been with one in real life) and things are getting quite confusing to figure out because I might not want to marry a man or spend my life with one in the long run. I don't know if I'm just bored with them or what??? cause I've just been enraptured by men lol in many aspects of my life. I know that I have a lifetime to figure this out. I think again I'm just scared of abandoning my past self and what I used to like and be comfortable with. Like I'm afraid to jump out of my comfort zone and I shouldn't be. I actually don't have any negative outside influence telling me that being gay or bisexual is wrong, in fact I'm living in a place that's extremely accepting of it, so I'm think I'm just battling with my own confusion and feelings.
it definitely sounds like your orientation is not exactly what you're struggling with - you said it yourself! "I think again I'm just scared of abandoning my past self and what I used to like and be comfortable with."

one of the people i watch on Youtube is Michael Buckley, he's a life coach now and what you said here reminds me of a video that he put up recently. in this he's talking about having given up drinking, but what he says starting at 4:22 relates to this
Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/melgr-NXHQg?t=4m22s

and then at 5:55 he says something really great that he thought to himself: "stop acting and thinking and talking like you know exactly how you feel about everything and just notice and pay attention and be open to the idea that you were wrong about yourself."

your life changes, you're not the same person as your past self, so why should you pretend to be? and like he says in the video, you don't have to radically change your identity instantly. you can just be open to the idea that maybe you like girls as well or maybe you prefer girls, at least at this point in your life. i know it's harmful to think about orientations as being "phases" because that is typically used to invalidate people's orientations, but you also don't have to be tied to one identity your entire life. it can be true now and not true later and there's nothing wrong with that, same with how you have felt about boys before. maybe start to warm up to the idea and then take small steps toward finding out if being with girls is something you do enjoy or not.

especially since the environment you're in right now is supportive of that, you should definitely take advantage! what purpose does it serve you to hold onto the person you used to be? ask yourself that and i think you'll find that it doesn't serve you at all.

of course... easier said than done, i know. :p i struggle with this concept, too, especially because i'm very conscious of how i present myself/my personality to other people. think of it as a process. it's not easy, but it is possible, you just have to keep working at it. set small goals for yourself and don't get discouraged if you don't reach the goal as quickly as you want. take a deep breath and persevere.

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Hi guys, I'm actually Guy Berryman and I've come here to save you all :)

jk

Oh crap, so you're female, mkay, good to know...

What do you expect the solution to look like?

Draco

Coldplayer
Oh crap, so you're female, mkay, good to know.
Oh did you assume I was male. Or one of the other million genders now lol. That happens sometimes to me on the internet

Also I understand if the subject matter was a little jarring

Last edited:

Draco

Coldplayer
it definitely sounds like your orientation is not exactly what you're struggling with - you said it yourself! "I think again I'm just scared of abandoning my past self and what I used to like and be comfortable with."

one of the people i watch on Youtube is Michael Buckley, he's a life coach now and what you said here reminds me of a video that he put up recently. in this he's talking about having given up drinking, but what he says starting at 4:22 relates to this
Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/melgr-NXHQg?t=4m22s

and then at 5:55 he says something really great that he thought to himself: "stop acting and thinking and talking like you know exactly how you feel about everything and just notice and pay attention and be open to the idea that you were wrong about yourself."

your life changes, you're not the same person as your past self, so why should you pretend to be? and like he says in the video, you don't have to radically change your identity instantly. you can just be open to the idea that maybe you like girls as well or maybe you prefer girls, at least at this point in your life. i know it's harmful to think about orientations as being "phases" because that is typically used to invalidate people's orientations, but you also don't have to be tied to one identity your entire life. it can be true now and not true later and there's nothing wrong with that, same with how you have felt about boys before. maybe start to warm up to the idea and then take small steps toward finding out if being with girls is something you do enjoy or not.

especially since the environment you're in right now is supportive of that, you should definitely take advantage! what purpose does it serve you to hold onto the person you used to be? ask yourself that and i think you'll find that it doesn't serve you at all.

of course... easier said than done, i know. :p i struggle with this concept, too, especially because i'm very conscious of how i present myself/my personality to other people. think of it as a process. it's not easy, but it is possible, you just have to keep working at it. set small goals for yourself and don't get discouraged if you don't reach the goal as quickly as you want. take a deep breath and persevere.
Thanks a bunch. Yeah after some more reflecting I've realized how small my issue really was in the grand scheme of things and to just go with the flow. I have plenty of other things to worry about. And I have my options open in terms of potential partners. It was just an odd train of thought to begin with because I was over analyzing all my past attractions and thoughts wondering if EvEryTHing I KnEw was a LiE, but I had just discovered something new about me.

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
The past year has been really tough. Bad connection to my family, death of a relative, loss of a best friend and love etc. My life has felt like a nightmare and I haven't been able to escape my depressive side, anxiety and self-destructiveness anymore and it hurts to realize this. I have been just wanting to give up. Just a while ago, I finally rang for help. I hope one day I will feel ok again :sweat:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The past year has been really tough. Bad connection to my family, death of a relative, loss of a best friend and love etc. My life has felt like a nightmare and I haven't been able to escape my depressive side, anxiety and self-destructiveness anymore and it hurts to realize this. I have been just wanting to give up. Just a while ago, I finally rang for help. I hope one day I will feel ok again :sweat:
Oh :( Sending you a big hug. You did the right thing in seeking help. It takes a lot of courage, so you can be proud of yourself for taking that step. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or if you want to talk to someone, also via PM.
My depressive side has also gotten the better of me again in the past few weeks, it's so hard to get away from that..

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
Hi guys. I'm feeling really terrible lately and I don't know what to do. The thing is, two years ago I lost contact with my best friend. We stopped talking to each other because of an stupid misunderstanding. He moved abroad and I thought that was it. He disappeared of my life and honestly I didn't think about him so much during all this time.

Unfortunately, life is really weird sometimes and now he has come back to work to the same place I do. I see him every day and it's so hard... we say hi to each other like we are perfect strangers and the whole situation is killing me, but I really don't know what to do. Besides, I feel terrible because now I've realized I really hurt him, so the feeling of regret is torturing me. Back then I didn't see it because he hurt me too, but suddenly I understand what I did wrong. I would like to talk to him and try to fix things between us, but I think it's already too late... two years is a long time and maybe he doesn't want to talk to me anymore :(

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
Oh :( Sending you a big hug. You did the right thing in seeking help. It takes a lot of courage, so you can be proud of yourself for taking that step. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or if you want to talk to someone, also via PM.
My depressive side has also gotten the better of me again in the past few weeks, it's so hard to get away from that..
Thank you! I am just extremely lonely and lost in my life right now, and somehow I've lost control of my darker side.
I'm so sorry to hear. :pensive: Also, if you need someone to talk to here or PM, we want to help you and try our best to fix you! But try to think that without darker times, there can't be better days ("the sun must set to rise").

Hi guys. I'm feeling really terrible lately and I don't know what to do. The thing is, two years ago I lost contact with my best friend. We stopped talking to each other because of an stupid misunderstanding. He moved abroad and I thought that was it. He disappeared of my life and honestly I didn't think about him so much during all this time.

Unfortunately, life is really weird sometimes and now he has come back to work to the same place I do. I see him every day and it's so hard... we say hi to each other like we are perfect strangers and the whole situation is killing me, but I really don't know what to do. Besides, I feel terrible because now I've realized I really hurt him, so the feeling of regret is torturing me. Back then I didn't see it because he hurt me too, but suddenly I understand what I did wrong. I would like to talk to him and try to fix things between us, but I think it's already too late... two years is a long time and maybe he doesn't want to talk to me anymore :(
I don't think it is too late! I really recommend trying to talk to him, apologizing each other about the bad stuff and admitting mistakes, talking it through, especially if it was a misunderstanding. It sure won't be easy and can take a lot of time, but if I were you, I'd try. You can regret if you don't try, and the situation clearly bothers you, maybe he thinks the same even as you?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

I had a similar situation once with a friend of mine at university, many years ago. We also did not talk for around two years because of something stupid. Eventually we did talk again, and many years on now I can't even remember what exactly it was that led to the situation. What I regret now is that it took us (me) so long to get back in touch, what a waste of time. Life is too short to waste precious years on things like that...go for it and talk to him !

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
@I ran away @Krizer thank you for your kind words... you're right, I'll try to talk to him. Actually I've got nothing to lose... and maybe he is thinking the same thing and he is afraid of talking to me as well.

I have read about your feelings in previous posts of this thread. So sad to hear you both are passing through a tough moment right now... so if you need someone to talk to, here I am :) Hope everything gets better so soon... don't ever give up. I send you both a big hug!

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
How great of you to acknowledge that, given your own feelings. All I can say is that I have sought help in the past and it always helped. We have to get past seeing depression and anxiety as stigmas and realize they are chemical imbalances and ways of seeing things that are often hereditary. Check out the support site The Mighty.com. Look at the depression and anxiety section for resources and articles by people like yourselves and me who suffer from them and other chronic conditions. Last , medications can and help. Feel better soon!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Hey man, hang in there. It might be hard, but don't worry too much about the fact that you're depressed - it only adds more stress and tires out your body more. Give yourself some time to process the emotions, and make sure you get enough sleep. Seeking help is a great start!

While we're on the subject of depression, I'd like to recommend you guys to consider taking large doses of vitamin C every day. A little known fact is that vitamin C helps your body deal with stress and fatigue (depression). This is because depression is not really a mental issue - it's fundamentally a hormonal issue. Every plant and animal makes their own vitamin C, with the exception of about 3 species, of which humans are one of them. We humans probably had this ability previously, and produced as much as 30-40 grams (not milligrams!) per day, before losing it in our genes.

For @I ran away, dysthymia seems like something you're struggling with. May I recommend a popular Chinese herbal decoction called Xiao Yao? Look into it - it's been used for centuries for depression, is safe to take long term, has no side effects, and can be stopped whenever you feel like it has done its job.

Also, @I ran away, consider seeing an acupuncturist - they should be able to prescribe something more tailored to you. I had depression for many years, which left when I started taking Chinese medicine!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hey man, hang in there. It might be hard, but don't worry too much about the fact that you're depressed - it only adds more stress and tires out your body more. Give yourself some time to process the emotions, and make sure you get enough sleep. Seeking help is a great start!

While we're on the subject of depression, I'd like to recommend you guys to consider taking large doses of vitamin C every day. A little known fact is that vitamin C helps your body deal with stress and fatigue (depression). This is because depression is not really a mental issue - it's fundamentally a hormonal issue. Every plant and animal makes their own vitamin C, with the exception of about 3 species, of which humans are one of them. We humans probably had this ability previously, and produced as much as 30-40 grams (not milligrams!) per day, before losing it in our genes.

For @I ran away, dysthymia seems like something you're struggling with. May I recommend a popular Chinese herbal decoction called Xiao Yao? Look into it - it's been used for centuries for depression, is safe to take long term, has no side effects, and can be stopped whenever you feel like it has done its job.

Also, @I ran away, consider seeing an acupuncturist - they should be able to prescribe something more tailored to you. I had depression for many years, which left when I started taking Chinese medicine!
Let me reply to that in a PM