Everyday Life LA Shows

gai

January would be the best time for me. I think it'll be mid December, though.
I don't know.. seems like the band will drag out the era beyond this year (I hope so!). At least in terms of video releases, etc. The trouble in town video probably wouldn't come out this month if they plan on shooting it mid December for almost a week in Kiev. If they plan on performing at the Grammys for example, LA shows early next year makes sense. But who knows. All we know is that they'll be in London mid December for Graham Norton.

Miha

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Pretty sure these shows will be after New Year's.
Especially since there will be a few shows alltogether, not just one.
Also with Christmas, I don't see it happening just before it or in the middle of holidays.

Mid January fits like a glove.

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
Pretty sure these shows will be after New Year's.
Especially since there will be a few shows alltogether, not just one.
Also with Christmas, I don't see it happening just before it or in the middle of holidays.

Mid January fits like a glove.
my thoughts exactly

halup

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay has a long history of playing shows for KROQ and their Almost Acoustic Christmas shows are this upcoming weekend. It is possible they could be a surprise guest on one of the nights. I expected Coldplay to be one of the headliners when the lineups were announced.

Working against the idea of them being a surprise guest is that they should only be a headliner.

Miha

Coldplayer
I think they will prolong this era a bit with a few more videos, then finish it with the shows in LA.

By April we should hear something about the new album. Chris has been most insistent that this is not their final album (he never said that before) and that they have a very set plan so I would assume they will do a new album in 2020 and probably tour it end of 2020/all 2021.

Pier62b

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think they will prolong this era a bit with a few more videos, then finish it with the shows in LA.

By April we should hear something about the new album. Chris has been most insistent that this is not their final album (he never said that before) and that they have a very set plan so I would assume they will do a new album in 2020 and probably tour it end of 2020/all 2021.
Chris said there'll be no more world tour. Their last world tour was AHFOD. They'll continue to make albums and few gigs but nothing more.

maeli

Coldplayer
Chris said there'll be no more world tour. Their last world tour was AHFOD. They'll continue to make albums and few gigs but nothing more.
What when he Said That? I miSsed something?

Pier62b

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Didn't he just say there would be no world tour until they figured out how to make it sustainable?
And it's impossible to have a tour sustainable with all trucks. If one day they decide to do another tour, everybody will tell that their tour isn't sustainable and they'll be no more credible. Now that Chris said that the best for them is to never do tour Alain.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
There has been a lot of misquoting on that, so just to clarify: There will be a world tour for presumably the next album but they will try to make it sustainable. The reason why they aren't touring EL is not sustainability but rather that they don't feel this is the right album to tour and don't feel ready for another big tour yet.

Pier62b

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There has been a lot of misquoting on that, so just to clarify: There will be a world tour for presumably the next album but they will try to make it sustainable. The reason why they aren't touring EL is not sustainability but rather that they don't feel this is the right album to tour and don't feel ready for another big tour yet.
Yes I know, Guy already said they'll don't go on tour with this album. But in the media they said Coldplay will not tour anymore if it wasn't sustainable. Yesterday in a french television news they said to Coldplay will never tour again for environment. So, if they tour again everybody will said they were liars and they use ecology for their album promotion, not for their belief.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes I know, Guy already said they'll don't go on tour with this album. But in the media they said Coldplay will not tour anymore if it wasn't sustainable. Yesterday in a french television news they said to Coldplay will never tour again for environment. So, if they tour again everybody will said they were liars and they use ecology for their album promotion, not for their belief.
Then the French television news was wrong, it seems. It's true they'll probably get flack no matter what they do (just because they're Coldplay and hating on Coldplay is #cool), but when it comes to reducing their ecological footprint while touring, there's a lot they can do. It's all not impossible. We've been discussing some possibilities here in this thread: