17-Jul-08 - KROQ show at Jessica's house

guyy

Might be a ghost
Coldplayer

the expression on Guy's face is priceless:lol:
That picture is just begging for a caption contest. Chris and Guy both look like they just saw something very upsetting, but Johnny seems to think it's funny. What could it be...? :wink3:

EnglishSilk

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That picture is just begging for a caption contest. Chris and Guy both look like they just saw something very upsetting, but Johnny seems to think it's funny. What could it be...? :wink3:
None of us could top the quote Chris said at the event himself...to Jessica`s father:stunned:......" You`re drunk, aren`t you?"....:shocked2::lol::lol::lol:

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:lol: :eek:

OK then: is that Jonny deserting Christopher and pinching William's love handle :p
Will is trying to ignore the Jonny Chrissy love going on so Jonny is giving him a pinch to call his attention to hotness. You can't look away Will so stop trying! :sneaky:

L

LiquidSky

Jessica needs to get her ass onto this board and spill the beans :lol:
I know! She didn't even invite us! How cruel! I would have taken a flight for the second time and have actually met Jonny!!! :angry:

Neither, Hey it's great they did that for her!!!

Look at guy in this picture, he looks stunned or something
Guy looks really funny on this picture. I really wonder what he was looking at.

I heard Jessica's interview on KROQ yesterday. Some of the stuff I actually remember from it:
* She had been stressed out for weeks since people she hadn't even talked to since high school were asking if they could come.
* Chris asked her if he can use her "loo" :laugh3:
* Her dad was piss drunk and was saying, "CHRISSSS!!" and Chris went up to him and said, "You're drunk, aren't you?" :lol:(don't quote me exactly)
* They played 6 songs and she got to pick all the songs. Can't remember most of them, but I remember, "Green Eyes" and "Yellow"
* Kevin or Bean (on KROQ) were going on about how great Coldplay is for doing this sorta thing...

.... That's all I remember. I won tickets from KROQ, too.. unfortunately I didn't win the grand prize (Them playing @ my house of course)
That's priceless man! I would have asked them to play

SEE YOU SOON!
LOW!

"*"*Claire*"*"

chocolate lover
Coldplayer
That contest wasn't a good idea 'cause they made that girl happy but at the same time all the others fans in the world wish they colud have been at her place.. :cry:

talkingonsquareone89

Girl with headphones 24/7
Coldplayer
Okay...maybe the jealousy-thing has gotten far enough....

It's incredible that the band had even agreed to be participating in this contest. This alone says a lot about them, and...well I have to admit that it was a GREAT promotion/marketing idea (or scheme, whichever you take it as).

But nonetheless, they'll be a few lucky ones that'll get to have the chance to do what everyone else can't. Please don't dwell so much on the fact that you weren't picked or gotten to be close enough in the first place, because they'll be other chances someday (maybe not the exact repeat of having Coldplay performing at your house, but something else...perhaps even better?).

Sorry, I mean my earlier post sounded bummed out too, but for the most part it was in jest.

(Apologies for the 'rant', but so far everyone's been sounding "bummed" around in the Coldplay Live section lately. :\))

backstreetchix97

I used to rule the world
Coldplayer
Meeting Chris Martin of Coldplay

So I had camped out for the Jay Leno show since Wednesday night at 11pm all the way until they filmed Jay Leno on Thursday at around 4:30pm.

After the show, I waited near the back to watch them exit. A security guard was very helpful in assisting me. He told me that they were doing some concert after and that they hadn't left yet and to look for four black cars. He then left because Jay left already. So I waited and waited and almost gave up. I thought ehhh, maybe he was lying. I was the only one there with my boyfriend. I was just about to give up as the four cars came rolling out! The windows were tinted pitch black and someone waved at me but I couldn't see who. My car was parked right there. I was hoping they would stop to say hi or do autographs or maybe pictures but they didn't :(

I got in my car and followed them! I lost them so many times on the freeway and etc...I was paranoid too, I thought I would get in trouble for following them but I didn't.

We ended up at that KROQ winner, Jessica's house in the West Hills!!!! At first, I didn't ealize it, I thought maybe they were visiting a friend or something so I didn't approach. I spent a lot of time just wandering around so I missed the majority of it. I finally approached and the security people were nice. They told me what they were doing and I waited. The neigbors let me into their house to let watch but by that time they were practically finished.

Then they came out...I ended up meeting Chris Martin! I got his autograph and a picture :) I told him how long I waited to see them at the Jay Leno show and he was like oh my gosh thank you so much...SOOOO sexy I tell you. What an experience. After that I was speechless :D

StephBerryman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So I had camped out for the Jay Leno show since Wednesday night at 11pm all the way until they filmed Jay Leno on Thursday at around 4:30pm.

After the show, I waited near the back to watch them exit. A security guard was very helpful in assisting me. He told me that they were doing some concert after and that they hadn't left yet and to look for four black cars. He then left because Jay left already. So I waited and waited and almost gave up. I thought ehhh, maybe he was lying. I was the only one there with my boyfriend. I was just about to give up as the four cars came rolling out! The windows were tinted pitch black and someone waved at me but I couldn't see who. My car was parked right there. I was hoping they would stop to say hi or do autographs or maybe pictures but they didn't :(

I got in my car and followed them! I lost them so many times on the freeway and etc...I was paranoid too, I thought I would get in trouble for following them but I didn't.

We ended up at that KROQ winner, Jessica's house in the West Hills!!!! At first, I didn't ealize it, I thought maybe they were visiting a friend or something so I didn't approach. I spent a lot of time just wandering around so I missed the majority of it. I finally approached and the security people were nice. They told me what they were doing and I waited. The neigbors let me into their house to let watch but by that time they were practically finished.

Then they came out...I ended up meeting Chris Martin! I got his autograph and a picture :) I told him how long I waited to see them at the Jay Leno show and he was like oh my gosh thank you so much...SOOOO sexy I tell you. What an experience. After that I was speechless :D
Wow...that takes alot of guts to follow them on the freeway! Congrats! and yes, Chris is such a sweetheart and gracious and have the bluest eyes.

CRYSTAL

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer

you're the best of the best of the fans!:thumbsup:

Carlaatje

Ms Multi-quote :D
Coldplayer

WOW die hard! that is so cool!
post the picture!!!!

yay_me

Coldplayer extraordinaire
Coldplayer
In order to qualify to win the grand prize"Coldplay gig at your house" that Jessica won, we had to win tickets, then they choose out of those winners who gets the grand prize. I was one of the ticket winners. It did cross my mind a couple times what I would have to do if I actually won. Trust me, it's a lot of stress :laugh3: I would have to clean up my house/backyard, warn the neighbors, stress about who I'd invite, beautify myself :wink3:,etc...... needless to say, I was ok w/ it when I wasn't the grand prize winner :laugh3:

For those who are jealous.. you should really think about it.. Would you be able to handle Coldplay at your house?? haha.. or would you be a bumbling idiot like I probably would've been If I won?? :lol:

A RUSH OF VIDA

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

ur so fucken lucky........

backstreetchix97

I used to rule the world
Coldplayer
I will definitely post pictures up and everything once they're uploaded. I took off the next day early to go camping. I just got back this weekend...what a week it has been! Defintely the best week ever. I am hoping to drive down to Arizona in November to try and catch their last show. That's if I can find people who are down to go with me...heheh : D

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Roadie #42 - Blog #13
July 23, 2008 9:47 pm
Coldplay in a fan's back garden

Last week the band had a crazy day where they finished the Jay Leno show and headed off to play their first ever barbeque (in a fans back garden!). It sounded like a ridiculous idea, but we got there it turned out to be really rather wonderful.

Here's a little home movie of it.

R#42.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=76

(I can't work out how to get the embed code so you'll have to go to the site :p)

L

LiquidSky

Good thing you made it there in the end!!! Where are your pictures btw?