[2017-6-8] Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon, France

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Isn't this Debs Wild who is visiting Coldplay in Lyon?

1496943824935.png

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They played GPASUYF instead of Birds. Unacceptable. Birds is the best song on AHFOD

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
I'm a bit disappointed they replaced Birds, this is AHFOD tour after all.:eek: Well, GPASUYF is a good song yes, but so is Birds. The c-stage could have more variation, it has been now IMP and Don't Panic for quite a while (great songs both yes, but rarities would be welcome) and a third song here and there. Did they play any "request song" today? Or did they just mark IMP or Don't Panic as request? Also, now that they don't play Heroes anymore, they could fit another song in that place.

(Don't get me wrong, I really do look forward to seeing them live, and no matter what they play it is going to be fun)

Magic_2000

My heart beats at the beat of the drum
Coldplayer
I'm a bit disappointed they replaced Birds, this is AHFOD tour after all.:eek: Well, GPASUYF is a good song yes, but so is Birds. The c-stage could have more variation, it has been now IMP and Don't Panic for quite a while (great songs both yes, but rarities would be welcome) and a third song here and there. Did they play any "request song" today? Or did they just mark IMP or Don't Panic as request? Also, now that they don't play Heroes anymore, they could fit another song in that place.

(Don't get me wrong, I really do look forward to seeing them live, and no matter what they play it is going to be fun)
Yeah I have noticed this too. If there's a place for more rare songs is c-stage and now it's getting a bit repetitive. Although hearing more lead vocals from Wil in Don't Panic is always a plus in my book so keep that one. :p

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
They sound checked Everything's Not Lost and I would kill to see that live! Let's hope they are preparing it especially for Dublin and Cardiff ahahah

ARushOfDreamsToMyHead

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
My reaction to the whole surprise GPASUYF

Intro: Ok, Birds. Nice.

Drumming starts: This is a weird intro to that...

Jonny's guitar comes in: ...ALRIGHTY THEN.

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer

yeah, i definitely wouldn't want them to permanently replace Birds with GPASUYF... surely there's another main stage song they could bump instead (because i really want GPASUYF on the main stage :p)
especially now that Amazing Day has been replaced too - thinking way ahead here, but i wonder if we'll see this era eventually fall the way of X&Y, i.e. the boys only ever playing two songs from the album in tour :thinking:

Clemc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

I got a setlist and they just skipped the request (which was supposed to be til kingdom come) and Chris sang an improvised song in french which was really funny but so confusing because there was no request

shred

Coldplayer
Hey guys. Besides the new venue-specific posters, were there anything else being sold at the merch stall that is new? New t-shirt designs, etc?

I found the stuff being sold at the Asian tour pretty meh. Very excited about the venue-specific posters though! (I'm going for the Paris show).

OdysseasTS

Coldplayer
Actually Chris's improv is always done while the rest of the band walks back to the mainstage. Sometimes he talks or sings. The request song was skipped because the concert started about 15' late. There was a problem with some lighting fixtures in the right side of the stage.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Very excited about the venue-specific posters though! (
They are 30 EUR apiece though. I saw one for Munich as well but that price is really shameless, I didn't buy it.

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
They are 30 EUR apiece though. I saw one for Munich as well but that price is really shameless, I didn't buy it.
I'll have to save a lot of money to buy the merch I want :p

shred

Coldplayer
Yeah I'm a bit put off by the price but this is my first time travelling to another country to see the boys so I'm gonna get it as a memento. Heh.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Does anyone have a full video of GPASUYF in Lyon ? I can so far only find the snippet posted by R42. Or was that all they played ?

jossec

Coldplayer
Does anyone have a full video of GPASUYF in Lyon ? I can so far only find the snippet posted by R42. Or was that all they played ?
The link I posted above has it in full, it's from a Periscope stream though so the quality is far from optimal. It's weird how nobody has uploaded the whole thing yet, despite a stadium filled with so many people.
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNApNmLOKw?t=96

That's not the beginning of Birds, by the way :)

Last edited: