Lost? Video Competition: Post YouTube Entries Here!

Gya

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks! :)
I guess I must have gone mad due to listening too often to the song by now :mad:

~ Sandy ~

The Weird Fish ?
Coldplayer
Hi guys !

I just watched all the entries
The stop motion video is just AWESOME !
I'm working on something too . . .
But I just started it :confused:
We'll see :rolleyes:

Glossal Fragster

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

RunForTheHills

AKA Zemy101
Coldplayer
That video is really well made in terms of the animation itself... i kinda wish i had the time to come up with something so professional looking to compliment my idea, because that really is quite amazing. I'm not so sure I have time to even get something finished by the deadline :sad:

Some nice videos, though! It would kinda suck if some random non-coldplayer won the competition just based on technical ability alone. I want someone on here to win! :dance:

strawberryfields

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That video is really well made in terms of the animation itself... i kinda wish i had the time to come up with something so professional looking to compliment my idea, because that really is quite amazing. I'm not so sure I have time to even get something finished by the deadline :sad:

Some nice videos, though! It would kinda suck if some random non-coldplayer won the competition just based on technical ability alone. I want someone on here to win! :dance:
I agree! I'll be pretty upset if some professional videographer wins; someone that hardly likes Coldplay at all. :sick:

hrobert

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah It wouldnt be fair at all since he was asked to do this a long time before. He had time and he was paid for doing it, so it's not like he would be a fan...

The Escapist

Lindisfarne
Coldplayer
Yeah It wouldnt be fair at all since he was asked to do this a long time before. He had time and he was paid for doing it, so it's not like he would be a fan...
Where did it say he was getting paid? I thought they just told him the competition was coming up and so he made a video. Could anyone straighten this out a bit?

hrobert

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Where did it say he was getting paid? I thought they just told him the competition was coming up and so he made a video. Could anyone straighten this out a bit?
Well, since he was asked before the competition I thought he was paid but they didnt take the video. I might be wrong though... :confused:

Miha

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Hey now that's wrong if he wins. This should be a fan competition, not just coming up with the most professional thing you can, if it had been that way, I'd just summon the best people for the job, pay them and et voila, I could also be the winner.

Now I just have to hope my video turns out good enough:)

L

LiquidSky

I should make a video too. The deadline is monday december 1st and the winner will be announced on dec. 5th chosen by the band.

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've watched many of the videos and I'm really surprised cuz some of them are very professional (the techniques they used or the shots of the camera...)

But ... with all respect, I don't think that the "most beautiful" or the "most professional" is gonna win... I'm not saying they're not good, I really loved them, but... Trying to focus on reality, I think what the contest was made for is to be CREATIVE, to represent the Lost song with your own ideas and materials!

THE SONG HAS TOO MUCH TO SAY
Almost EVERY line says something that can guide or direct the way you make the video!!! And when I watched those videos, for example the claymotion one, I think Omg That Guy Is Awsome!... But I'm sure he is not gonna win becuase that video is Perfect, but it has almost Nothing to do with the Lost song.... And the contest is "make a video for the Lost? song"

We Have A Really Amazing Song In Our Hands To Make A Really Amazing Video! So, I really hope to start watching another kind of videos ;___;!!!

As I said before With all respect to the competitors cuz I know they've shown their best and it's worth it! And anyways that's just my point of view.

have a nice day everyone!

Clocks In My Place

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think what the contest was made for is to be CREATIVE, to represent the Lost song with your own ideas and materials!
I agree. That's totally what I'm trying to do. Maybe that's why I haven't even finished the plot yet. I'm using a long time on just ideas. :thinking:

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I agree. That's totally what I'm trying to do. Maybe that's why I haven't even finished the plot yet. I'm using a long time on just ideas. :thinking:

If your video is as good as your collage I think you can be the winner! hahaha... Now you just have to make a "good collage of ideas" hahaha...

Actually I think the best videos are gonna be the last ones (when the competition is almost over).

strawberryfields

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
A band called Nada Surf recently had a similar contest for one of their songs, "Weightless". There were three winners:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcqkTFeoNk"]YouTube - Nada Surf Weightless[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AcMjNCjGs"]YouTube - Nada Surf Weightless[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8__Y4VNqw"]YouTube - Nada Surf - "Weightless" Official Video[/ame]

And they're all very good. I have no idea if Coldplay will be looking for the same things, though, with this contest. ;)

coldplay12

Mr, ColdplayCorner himself
Coldplayer
Lost? videos flood in

Lost? videos flood in
October 27, 2008 1:16 pm
Video competition update

Good afternoon. The entries for our Lost? competition continue to flood in. You can see some of our favourites at the official Coldplay YouTube, but we thought this one was worthy of some proper Coldplay.com attention...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_cIyTOeKMk"]YouTube - LOST? Coldplay Video Competition[/ame]

Sob.

Anchorman