True Love

CharlieBrown

Leave a light on....
Coldplayer
Not trying to hate or anything, but it's about the only part of the song that I like :(
I feel you. There's a lot to like about the track but I do think it's my lowest rated on Ghost Stories. It seems like the whole first two minutes exists only to get to that 2:15 mark where the song finally takes off. But once it does launch it is really awesome!

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
I also don't like the verse to much to be honest, but as soon as the songs really starts after 2 minutes it is a gorgeous piece of work!
I really, really like this song. For me under the top4 of the album.

glangloi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
He starts out the notes playing out of key, but then bends them into the scale-- I believe it's supposed to represent sharp pangs of heartbreak that comes with the one you love lying to you when they really don't feel the same way.
^THIS. Exactly what I felt immediately when I first heard the song. I figured at least someone else had noticed it too :p

tam913

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I didn't look through the whole board, but has anyone else noticed that the line "I wish you could have let me know, what's really going on below" is a lot like the line in Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. "There was a time when you let me know, what's really going on below"

xTwisted_Logicx

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've been listening to this song a lot and it's incredibly beautiful and that Jonny Boy guitar solo at the end is amazing and the strings from the orchestra that Mr.Epworth put that picture on Instagram up are amazing

Overall one of the best songs on this album with many great songs

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If you look at the two figures in the visual album at the bottom left wing when this song comes on (The man in the hat attempting to hold on to the woman who appears to be flying away.) I think the two characters are a very similar lookalike to Chris and Gwyneth. Does anyone else agree?

RedBalloon

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Gravity and Hallellujah? That's nice~ can't listen to the album soon, but good to expect as such...

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Not feeling the hype yet, but I only heard it once. Don't remember much.
Absolutely loved Jonny's dissonant guitar though. I don't know what it's called, starting a note off-key and then pulling it in-key? But in singing it's used frequently. Chris does it a lot, especially live.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Not feeling the hype yet, but I only heard it once. Don't remember much.
Absolutely loved Jonny's dissonant guitar though. I don't know what it's called, starting a note off-key and then pulling it in-key? But in singing it's used frequently. Chris does it a lot, especially live.
People call this "scooping" for singing but I'm not sure for guitar.

Indeed, I like the solo a lot but I wish the guitar were more present overall. The chord progression is really cool but the strings feel too "full" or present to me... making this and Ink kind of hard to listen to and remember. :(

IneedYou23

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I really love this song. I love the lyrics and the way Chris voice sounds. His voice on this track reminds me of the A Rush Of Blood To The Head tour days. His voice sounds a bit nasally and raw, but in a good way that reminds me of that time.

Donggyun Kang

Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
My Favourite song on GS probably
Guitar solo feels so beautiful
With Chris's voice in the song

sa_spurs_tx

Coldplayer
This is definitely the new Politik...and not because it sounds similar.. this song is DEEP, and maybe the most emotional song to date. Chris said this is their best song on the album.. and although it's not my favorite, I agree. It's funny because Chris also said that Politik is probably in his top 2-3. I understand which CP songs he believes are the best (Clocks, Politik, Yellow, Fix You), songs that are make you feel a sense of emotion while singing. The part "Call it True, call it trueeeee loooveeeeee" makes me feel lucky to be living on this planet. Anyway, True Love is AMAZING.

dontgo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This song could easily be air played and people would love it I think right from the beginning

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
I didn't like it much at first listen, and then I somehow completely fell in love with it :lol: I don't think it's necessarily one of their best songs or anything, but I find it surprisingly catchy, and the music really calms me down.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For me, this is one of the best ever songs they have done, pure brilliance! Now my favourite Coldplay song :D

viva-la-coldplay

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ok.. I feel like I'm the only one here... but I really don't like the dissonant guitar? I was waiting for what everyone was calling 'the best thing Coldplay have ever done' and it just fell so flat for me. Personally, I just don't feel like it works - to my ears, it just sounds off, not like a really cool musical technique. I don't know, perhaps I'm not musically literate enough to appreciate it but I was really looking forward to it and now I don't know what to feel :confused:

sa_spurs_tx

Coldplayer
The off key guitar segment was intentional..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk