Search results

1. I

What are you reading right now?

I don't think they're comparable at all, I've read The Hobbit 5 times so far and I didn't get bored. They're different things to me, but if I were to choose, I'd always choose Tolkien. :p
  2. I

The Hobbit

I read on Twitter that someone watched it 9 times already and was planning to watch it a whole 14 times ... for all the dwarves and Bilbo ... that made me feel less obsessed. :p
  3. I

What are you reading right now?

Still on A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, but feeling really tempted to rush through the book and read The Hobbit again. o.o
  4. I

The Hobbit

I watched it alone twice ... and I usually don't go to the movies alone. Kinda adds to the whole "she's obsessed!", eh? :tongue:
  5. I

The Hobbit

Just got out of the movie 3 hours ago and I wish I could go again right now. *hardcore addict* :embarrassed: Wednesday it is...
  6. I

The Hobbit

Oh and I can choose between those options, but only for the dubbed version.
  7. I

The Hobbit

Welcome to Germany! We're too lazy to read subtitles and instead spend millions on dubbing movies.
  8. I

The Hobbit

Yeah, but every movie is dubbed in German here. They only show dubbed versions on TV and in the cinemas. With the big movies you're lucky if you get a few screenings of the original version per week, but of course they'll only screen either 2D or 3D and not both. The dubbed version runs all day...
  9. I

The Hobbit

I'm actually not that big a fan of 3D but all the cinemas that are showing the movie in English only show it in 3D ... and I just hate dubbed movies. :/
  10. I

The Hobbit

I watched it both in 24fps and 48fps and I'd definitely recommend the second. The experience is a lot better and the 24fps version actually took me quite some time to get used to. My eyes just wouldn't adjust to the 3D effect and everything was blurry for a bit.
  11. I

The Hobbit

BOFUR LOVE :awesome: I might even watch it a 5th time, even if I end up broke. :embarrassed: Plus this store here had the offer to get 10€ off if you buy the LOTR Extended Edition on BluRay and show them a ticket for The Hobbit. I did that yesterday and I have a new precious for my...
  12. I

The Hobbit

So ... uhm ... has anyone watched it more than once? I'm going to watch the movie for the fourth time on Sunday. :uhoh2:
  13. I

The Hobbit

Yes, and a golem shall eat her. :blank:
  14. I

The Hobbit

I like how she put "Spoilers" as a tag ... I mean it's so hard to just grab a book and read what happens. :blank: Or maybe that's exactly what she should do.
  15. I

The Hobbit

:blank:
  16. I

Secret Santa 2012

My Secret Santa this year was Tracey aka MartinFan and she really spoiled me. :santa2: Thank you so much! I received a big stocking filled with tons of goodies: Thank you again, I love it! :heart:
  17. I

Prince William and Kate expecting a baby / 22-07 Duchess gives birth to baby boy

Another thing that I find quite interesting about this whole thing is that it's not only the UK that seems to be in awe. To be honest, I'm very happy that Germany doesn't have any royality and I couldn't give a flying fuck (excuse the language) about other countries' queens, princesses, princes...
  18. I

The Hobbit

Watching it in Berlin in 2 days with a very dear fellow Coldplayer. :dance:
  19. I

What annoyed you today?

Huntsmen annoyed me today, they are terrible guests. It depended a lot on the teachers for me. I've jumped from C to A when I got a different teacher. I wouldn't say I was ever a pro though, I just wish there were more teachers that actually make you interested in the topics you study.
  20. I

Possibly the dumbest question I've asked on here

I've taken several linguistic classes and I don't have an answer for you. :P I'm guessing it's supposed to enhanve readability but I've just never questioned it before. I never questioned why I have to capitalise every single noun in German either, I just know that it annoys me when people don't...