07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol!! that would be so awesome to get, I hope it happens!! don't stop till you get enough!

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol!! that would be so awesome to get, I hope it happens!! don't stop till you get enough!

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Greeneyes and Dianne.... I need to join ya'll if you both go to Tampa! Along with any of the coldplayers I met in Charlotte. The Charlotte show made it so much more fun to be surrounded by Coldplayers and of course the PIT.

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Greeneyes and Dianne.... I need to join ya'll if you both go to Tampa! Along with any of the coldplayers I met in Charlotte. The Charlotte show made it so much more fun to be surrounded by Coldplayers and of course the PIT.
Non-coldplayers SUCK.

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Why would someone take pictures of Guy? He's the ugly one :thinking:

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Coldplay heats up Charlotte

So it's been two, almost three, days since Coldplay rocked the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre this past Friday, and I'm finally writing about. Why now? Well I've been trying to come up with the right words to explain just how amazing this show was. When I attended the show on Friday I expected nothing less than a stellar performance, and what I experienced was completely indescribable. Not only did the band sound phenomenal, but the lighting was fantastic and Coldplay, and more specifically lead singer Chris Martin, have this insane amount of energy. It was one of those instances where you know you are witnessing something great because you get goosebumps. I don't get goosebumps very often in the dead of summer, at an outdoor venue, but I got goosebumps several times on Friday night., which I personally think speaks volumes about my concert experience.

We arrived to the show "late", which was perfect because we managed to avoid most of the ridiculous Verizon traffic (Side note: Managment or traffic control, DESPERATELY needs to fix that, not only is it horrible within the arena vacinity, but Tryon and surrounding side roads are ALWAYS jammed). Coldplay had literally just started playing their first song as we walked into the venue. Once we stepped inside the actual arena, I couldn't believe how many people were crammed in there. I've been to a few concerts at Verizon, most of which have been full, but this place was packed! It wasn't surprising since it was Coldplay playing, but I was just surprised that many people could actually fit in there. So, we managed to squeeze through the crowd and into our seats just in time for their second song. And, once we got settled the out-of-body, can't believe I'm here experience began.

It's definitely obvious people that attend their shows are SERIOUS fans. The cat next to me was belting out songs so loudly I almost couldn't distinguish between him and Chris Martin. However, I didn't care, mostly because I found it comical that this dude was jamming out to Coldplay, but again I was simply mesmerized by the performers on stage. They sang the obvious classics like my personal favorite "Yellow" and "Fix You." Then they did something I've never seen at Verizon. They had a side stage setup, up towards the front so fans could get a closer look, where they played one song. Pretty cool. Then they setup a stage towards the lawn, which I was maybe twenty feet away from, where they sang several songs including a tribute to MJ by singing a cover of "Billie Jean." I really can't do the show justice it's one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it was absolutely phenomenal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIl5n08MWBU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Coldplay_live in Charlotte, NC at Verizon[/ame]

http://www.examiner.com

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Nice review, too bad Chris was not 100% he would have really been on his game. I watched some Vids and Chris sure did have some heavy looking eyes:(

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You could really tell he was pushing through, trying to get it over with...he probably felt awful.
It's kinda amazing he still jumped around like normal, but there weren't ramps to add more space to cover. kind of hard to explain..he really pushes himself

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay is better than drugs.... My concert was 7/18 and I still have not turned on the radio or any other form of music besides COLDPLAY!! Well..when my husband turned on the radio once and Guess who was on... lol.. so that didnt really count! ;)

If I could only grab a few songs off of youtube of this concert.. what would you all say were the best?? ;) I need a place to start!!

Thanks! :)

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Coldplay is better than drugs.... My concert was 7/18 and I still have not turned on the radio or any other form of music besides COLDPLAY!! Well..when my husband turned on the radio once and Guess who was on... lol.. so that didnt really count! ;)

If I could only grab a few songs off of youtube of this concert.. what would you all say were the best?? ;) I need a place to start!!

I was at the shows July 18 and July 19, too. Lisanoelle was at both shows and has some great videos on youtube. Do a search for lisanoelle. I had great seats for July 19 in Irvine, you can see my pics in my link. I didn't do any video - my video camera sucks and I knew there would be people with much better vids. Plus I didn't want to spend the show holding a camera to tape. I'm so addicted that I flew from Orange County to Tampa last weekend for the last show that was "postponed." The addiction lives on...do we need to form CA? Hi I'm Dianne, and I'm a Coldplay addict.

Caroline

Be A Bright Red Rose
Coldplayer

hey, i was at the carson show, too. here is the link to my youtube page if you want to view some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VivaLaColdplay42

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@ Dianne- Yeah, I need to join... lol Thank for the info.. I have all of lisa_noelles videos on my iPod... ;) Been in contact with her.... hehe

How did you meet and greet? Was it through KROQ? I tried everything I could with them and 98.7 to get something...

@ Coldplayrulestheworld... Cool.. I subscribed to your youtube and will check your out hopefully soon!!

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
@ Dianne- Yeah, I need to join... lol Thank for the info.. I have all of lisa_noelles videos on my iPod... ;) Been in contact with her.... hehe

How did you meet and greet? Was it through KROQ? I tried everything I could with them and 98.7 to get something...

@ Coldplayrulestheworld... Cool.. I subscribed to your youtube and will check your out hopefully soon!!
I won Cocktails with Coldplay from KROQ, but because they were running so late because of the 98.7 show, it ended up being like 15 seconds with Coldplay before they were rushed on stage. It was still awesome and I talked to Will and Chris shook my and my husband's hand. They took a group pic of us, and I'm right next to Will and my husband was right next to Chris, and Chris put his arm around my husband's shoulder. I tried winning from 98.7, too.