18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
Hey, I didn't enter it because I had no clue, BUT I will join you in your waiting gang :)
Hehe, these threads are becoming just as popular and attractive events for fans as the gigs themselves! :laugh3:

Ron Burgandy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sounds bitter, but for those who missed out on brixton, would you be a bit gutted if those who got tickets for Brixton also won tickets for the BBC gig?

I'd be very jealous and very bitter. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Pretty bitter and quite jealous, I could say that for sure.

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
Sounds bitter, but for those who missed out on brixton, would you be a bit gutted if those who got tickets for Brixton also won tickets for the BBC gig?

I wouldn't be surprised, put it that way.
These things usually happen :( and I'm usually on the outside looking in.
haha

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer

Nah not bitter, but I will be a bit disappointed if people crow about it TOO loudly on here, knowing that there are so many disappointed folk about.

I was a bit bitter yesterday, but only about how the comp was run, I was glad for the real fans who got tickets - a bit jealous of course, but delighted for em. Lucky buggers!

Ron Burgandy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sorry my post didnt come across too well.

I wouldnt be bitter towards the people who won - as long as they were fans, i'd just be bitter i missed out. Not aiming my disappointment at anyone in particular.

dfective

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
WHY HASN'T ANYONE WON YET!?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER WAIT LIKE THE BRIXTON RIOT!!! :(

sandi102

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Nah not bitter, but I will be a bit disappointed if people crow about it TOO loudly on here, knowing that there are so many disappointed folk about.

I was a bit bitter yesterday, but only about how the comp was run, I was glad for the real fans who got tickets - a bit jealous of course, but delighted for em. Lucky buggers!
hey kimchi baka, glad to see your not so downbeat today. I'm one of the lucky few that won 2 tix to Brixton, however, if i was to win the BBC gig, i would offer my 2nd ticket to someone on here. Its not been pleasant reading the posts from the fans that haven't won and i genuinely feel your loss at not winning. I certainly don't take these rare opportunities for granted and I would seriously offer my 2nd ticket (if I won that is. Maybe someone is going to vet it so that people can't win both???) plus i'm a very nice person!!:D

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
hey kimchi baka, glad to see your not so downbeat today. I'm one of the lucky few that won 2 tix to Brixton, however, if i was to win the BBC gig, i would offer my 2nd ticket to someone on here. Its not been pleasant reading the posts from the fans that haven't won and i genuinely feel your loss at not winning. I certainly don't take these rare opportunities for granted and I would seriously offer my 2nd ticket (if I won that is. Maybe someone is going to vet it so that people can't win both???) plus i'm a very nice person!!:D
That's really good of you Sandi - your posts have the spirit of Coldplay all over them :)

I know it's very hard, but this week is too exciting to let the Brixton debacle get us down. The first Coldplay album for three years and for many people the best since A Rush. Loads of Coldplay on the radio. Great quality streams (and rips ;)) It's pure positivity all the way now, BBC or not (as that one is just too unlikely really, so no surprise if I don't win a single ticket).

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
If I'd won to brixton OR the bbc, I was gonna give the other ticket to someone on here. because the people on here really care about the gig, none of my friends of girlfriend like coldplay.

it's a shame I never won. boo!
I suppose there's still some, if little hope for the BBC gig.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
The only reason I'm bitter about it is that Coldplay don't tour here for at the very least another year :/

dfective

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If I'd won to brixton OR the bbc, I was gonna give the other ticket to someone on here. because the people on here really care about the gig, none of my friends of girlfriend like coldplay.

it's a shame I never won. boo!
I suppose there's still some, if little hope for the BBC gig.
My girlfriend (now ex) got me into Coldplay, but yea I don't really know anyone that are that bothered about Coldplay...

They all went to the Foo's concert at Wembley instead... :\

Ron Burgandy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My mates hate Coldplay.

Only my brother likes them - he is actually the one who got me into them about six years ago.

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
My ex got me into them when I lived in Japan (she's a native).

I'm trying to get tickets for one of the Japan gigs this summer. It'd better be for Osaka and not Tokyo or she'll be there which will be very odd :eek:

cutandpasteandtwisty

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Congratulations!!!

BBC Studio Audiences are delighted to inform you that you have been successful in your application for 2 Guaranteed Entry Tickets for Coldplay Live At The BBC"

YAY! I missed out on the Brixton one and was pretty sure I would be unlucky this time as well, but no!! :shocked2::D

camofire

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
IM GOING!!!! BRIXTON AND BBC!!!! i just finished my exams today. i dont think life gets any better than this

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
Looks like I missed out again...I was almost the first in line too...