Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ghost Stories Lyrics Hunt!

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Ghost Stories lyrics hidden in libraries worldwide
28 April 2014 1:20 pm
Fans asked to help unveil handwritten lyrics

Good afternoon. The band have decided to reveal the lyrics for all nine songs from the upcoming Ghost Stories album by hiding Chris’s handwritten lyric sheets in libraries worldwide. The lyrics will be hidden in ghost story books in libraries in nine countries, located across the planet.

Clues to the exact locations of the lyrics will be posted from today on the band’s Twitter account - twitter.com/coldplay - using the hashtag #lyricshunt. Fans will be encouraged to help solve the clues and visit their local library to see if they can find an envelope containing one of the unique lyrics sheets.

As each one is discovered, a photo of that particular lyric sheet will be posted, for everyone to see.

One of the hidden envelopes also contains a special Golden Ticket, giving the finder (and a guest) a free trip to London to see Coldplay perform at the Royal Albert Hall on 1 July.

Anchorman

(http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=1531)

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
this has to be one of the smartest marketing tools ever

AussieProdigy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hope we find them all! But I doubt they will make the clues too cryptic so we should be ok.

Lodova

Hate is blind.
Coldplayer
Just imagine how random dude in library finds that book with lyrics sheet and throws it into trash can because he thought "What the hell is this shit" :lol:

But actually this is a REALLY GREAT IDEA :awesome:

katiepope

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This so wild ! So cool and fun .. I highly doubt edmonton will be on the list LMAO lol

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Let me guess the 9 countries participating: Canada, United States, Germany, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, France, Spain and Australia.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
What the hell?!

That is so fucking random :lol: And cool at the same time.

Batman

Coldplayer
And now I imagine a shit load of fans roaming all their locals libraries and everyone is like "dafuq are all these random people looking for?!" :laugh3:

Batman

Coldplayer
COLDPLAY WHY ARE YOU STEALING MY TIME WITH THIS SHIT :bomb:

Now I can't work properly! *opens coldplay's twitter*

doritji

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Hhmmm coincidentally, I need to get some papers signed next to a library, might as well take a look right ;-)

The Philosopher

Science and progress
Coldplayer
Amazing! I just don't love Coldplay because of their music and what they mean, I also love them because of these crazy ideas!

rafaelchampion

Stare at me.
Coldplayer
Oh let me guess. No Brazil on the list. Can't say it's not acceptable though. Better, actually. Someone would probably STEAL the book.
(It's my country I'm talking about)

The Philosopher

Science and progress
Coldplayer
Let me guess the 9 countries participating: Canada, United States, Germany, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, France, Spain and Australia.
Oh God, Germany would be too lucky if they had the double of possibilities. I guess that you were going to type Italy? Plus I don't know if maybe China and some country of Africa and South America must have a chance, they also deserve to have at least one possibility.