Right. Who IS that talking at the beginning of Strawberry?! (Mystery solved)

WilsonC

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Coldplayer
I always thought it was Chris saying, "That's a bit faster" to Jonny or whoever is clapping by themselves at the beginning of the song.

WilsonC

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Coldplayer
why dont we ask the oracle? He/She/It can't ignore all of us asking the same question.

JENNY34

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Strawberry Swing"

Champion: Those are actually Brian [Eno's] handclaps at the beginning of that song, and -

Martin: If you listen very closely, you can hear him complaining about the tempo at the beginning of that song.

Champion: That's mostly what he does, complain about tempos.

Martin: [In a booming Brian Eno voice] "Oh, that's much too fast."

"Death and All His Friends" and "The Escapist"

Martin: Well, this is supposed to be the theme of the album, really. We're aware of all the bad stuff in life, you know - i.e. Death and all his friends - but that doesn't mean you should ever give in to it, you know? So we all sing that bit together really loudly, as kind of a message to ourselves: never giving up and never focusing on the bad stuff too much

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
I think it´s nice to have a little miracle , isn´t it!??

Sure that the mystery is solved?? :)

Though I think it is "it´s a bit fucked" I´m not sure.. Somehow I don´t think they would have the line"..fucked" on their album. But it´s just a word from the background so it could be "fucked".. In interviews Chris sometimes says "fucked".. so I don´t know. :thinking: But that it could be another person like Brian is a good idea!

"Strawberry Swing"

Champion: Those are actually Brian [Eno's] handclaps at the beginning of that song, and -

Martin: If you listen very closely, you can hear him complaining about the tempo at the beginning of that song.

Champion: That's mostly what he does, complain about tempos.

Martin: [In a booming Brian Eno voice] "Oh, that's much too fast."
But for me it doesn´t sound like "oh thats much too fast". Nevertheless it could be Brian or someone else as well..

All I can say is that I loved Strawberry Swing the most of the new songs.. from the beginning til now.. and that I know anything. :)

EDIT: OH I SEE THE MYSTERY HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLVED :)

Last edited:

yellowtalk

From the West
Coldplayer
If it was a swear word you'd get a coarse language label with your record

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
its not that important for me but for me it sounds like "it's a bit fucked".

and why would i get a coarse language label with my record if it was a swear word?
what does that mean? my english is too bad to understand that.^^

Last edited:

yellowtalk

From the West
Coldplayer
I thought they put coarse word labels on records if theirs swearing on an album??

TheBigC

Lost?
Coldplayer
Wow lol i always thought the clapping was like a bouncing ping-pong ball haha

Dark_Sofie

Viva la Coldplay!!
Coldplayer
At first I thought it was Chris but I think he's counting so it must be someone else. Don't know who, whether Guy or Brian Eno, but I understand "that's a bit fast/flat." I more tend to "fast" but I'm not really sure.

localola86

Full of Sunshine
Coldplayer
I heard the song on my Ipod over and over to notice this.
It's Guy saying "It's a bit flat."

localola86

Full of Sunshine
Coldplayer
If you crank up the volume, you can clearly see it says It's a bit flat
Yes, you can hear a "t" instead of a "ck"
And why most people here vote for Chris saying that :thinking:. It's Guy, you can hear a bit of Scottish on that voice :rolleyes:

Last edited:
H

howyousawtheworld

It sounds like Chris Martin but it does sound like he's cursing!