why hymn for the weekend doesn't perform well inchart like other second single?

gai

Knew it! But why suddenly? Has it been consistently climbing and we just noticed?
This week climb from 10 -> 3 is because of the BRITs. I think the jump to 10 was because if the super bowl.

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay are being very sneaky with their chart positions this time around. AHFOD floating to the top a few months after its release, HFTW rising to #3. Of course there are reasons for all that, but they have definitely switched up the way they promite things this time around.

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
^ Yeah, that is weird.... everything's just getting popular later. Interesting how they're switching it up a little

Still haven't heard HFTW outside of my playing it...

Tiskas00

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
in the US,hymn for the weekend peak at number64. and fall off the chart very quickly

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I never saw this song as a massive hit or something. I really like it but its scope is short. And the live performances are so lifeless and disappointing, imho.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I never saw this song as a massive hit or something. I really like it but its scope is short. And the live performances are so lifeless and disappointing, imho.
Agree, HFTW sounds so awkward live.

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Agree, HFTW sounds so awkward live.
I think most of the HFTW performances are fine live but that one performance it just sounded so awkward... I like the live version for it's more organic instrumental at the chorus, it's more creative than the typical beat of the studio version. But overall I do think the studio version is better... actually I don't know. I'd have to listen more. :)

wanted

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

two-digit number on chart for the second epic single(previous:yellow,the scientist,fix you,viva la vida,paradise,a sky full of stars)isn't normal.
The charts have changed since those songs charted. Streaming now takes up a lot of the chart, you can't really compare it. It's still top 10 on Itunes in UK/Ireland and would probably re peak if it was down to just sales, but if you look at their streaming, it's not in the top 10 in either right now.

Last edited:

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
This thread was created VERY prematurely. The song is now top10 or top5 in all the relevant countries (chart wise) and it's still climbing many charts. It hasn't been released in the USA yet, that's why it's not on the radio, hence why it's not currently on the charts.

Timber

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hymn is gonna pass AOALT on YouTube views in a few days. If it hits in the US, this could pass Paradise to be Coldplay's most popular song in YouTube views.