why is LOST! so popular

NeSs1776

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
honestly coldplay plays it live alot and its on the hot 100 charts while songs like death and all his friends , cementaries of london & strawberry dont get played at all!

honestly Lost! is the only coldplay song i hate because it is over done and that hiphop beat is annoying i like the Lost acoustic version though that should have been on the album

BostonSportsTD

If you can hold on....
Coldplayer
yea zsub is right. it appeals to non REAL coldplay fans who just listen to mainstream music. it has a catchy beat and its not too complicated. idk how to explain it but it doesnt surpise me at ALL that its popular. although it is also one of my least favorites on the new album.

KelKell

Dont fear the Shears
Coldplayer
because it is the shiznit
and its my fav song off Viva ;)

Death Hill

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR
Coldplayer
I used to think it was just alright, but after hearing live on The Daily Show and The Today Show, I love it.

If you don't like "Lost!" cause of the hip hop beats, then maybe you'll prefer "Lost?" which is acoustic.

black&white

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah i know, it is very popular..
i dont know if i like it alot yet.
but yeah..all my friends who arent coldplay fans love it, i think cuz of the beat, plus it has the well-known coldplay sappyness element.
o well...what can ya do....

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
people can relate to it
'
plus the beat is like We Will Rock You which is one of the most popular songs ever

thejackdempsie

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
it's my favorite track off the new album.
it proves how creative they can be since they took an acoustic tune and turned it into an anthem dancer.

crawlinwithin

Yergerbombs
Coldplayer
why the hatin'? come on have you REALLY listened to the song? just listen to the simple things like the layered organs and how there's two different tones going on there. the message in the lyrics is a good one too, almost channeling "I still haven't found what i'm looking for" by u2. I think its the most clever song on the album. Also, youtube the daily show performance. listen to how the drums come in on the second verse. perfection!

nevaehdreamz

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yea zsub is right. it appeals to non REAL coldplay fans who just listen to mainstream music. it has a catchy beat and its not too complicated. idk how to explain it but it doesnt surpise me at ALL that its popular. although it is also one of my least favorites on the new album.
Most of the people that buy Coldplay also buy Kanye and Timberlake, and all the rest. In fact, as a member of Coldplay Chris Martin is guilty of that.

Lol, Coldplay is mainstream.

Odvan

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Agree.
It's annoying, usual coldplay track, sequel of Trouble and Fix You (which i don't like more).

L

LiquidSky

well this song is amazing live. I'm sure you would love it too if you just listen to it live.. the acoustic version is such a Coldplay song. I like both of them though.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
Agree.
It's annoying, usual coldplay track, sequel of Trouble and Fix You (which i don't like more).
that hurts

My top 5:
1. Yellow
2. Fix You
3. Death and All His Friends
4. Speed of Sound
5. Trouble (Live version only)

CookyMnstr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
...i think cuz of the beat, plus it has the well-known coldplay sappyness element...
THAT'S EXACTLY why it's my favorite track off the album, and one of my fave Coldplay songs period. And I'm not just a casual Coldplay fan, either. Following it's message of "things suck right now but i'll keep holding on" is the inspiration I used to free MSG tickets and (practically)front row at Today show :D.

Also, Trouble is the song that hooked me onto Coldplay. And bertuzzi44 I totally agree!

Odvan

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
that hurts

My top 5:
1. Yellow
2. Fix You
3. Death and All His Friends
4. Speed of Sound
5. Trouble (Live version only)
Sorry:)

Yellow isn't my favourite too. But Trouble is ok.

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
I downloaded this quite awhile before it came out (the piano version)...I LOVED IT, but now I have listened to the whole album it is one of my least favourites!, I still like it, but it doesn't live up to the standards of songs like Viva La Vida and Strawberry Swing!

ricardo

n00b
Coldplayer
it was one of my least favourites but it has grown a lot on me... specialy after watching the dayly show performance, one of the best live songs!! I'm sure it's going to be awesome on the tour