Cemeteries of London = Pirates?

Coldplayer11

Coldplayer11 aka Rene Jr.
Coldplayer
i can't get over the feeling that this song sounds like it could come out in a pirate movie like Pirates Of the Caribbean,.. anyone else agree?

ColdplayBirdsFly

Music = Air
Coldplayer
Cemeteries of London!!!!

Wow, that's exactly what i thought upon first listen.
Definitely hearing some closeness to Pirates music in there.
I think it must be the 3/4 timing. It gives it a faster, beatier feel.
(Absolutely LOVE that Coldplay have finally used 3/4 timing!)

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
Best coldplay song since AROBTTH.

tops everything on X&Y - only just mind!

but I love it.

I think numerous reviews have said it's a ghost story.
so you might be along the right lines!

:nice:

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
I guess i know what your talking about. At first, I thought of fog and zombies at midnight but imo.

this song sounds western. like Cowboys and Indians.

themightyspitz

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It actually makes me think more of that ESPN commercial for Portugal - Euro Cup 08. Fancy footwork & all. Definitely hear the "Spanish influences" talked about in this song.

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
Funny thing is it's called Cemeteries of LONDON, but it doesn't really sound that british at all!

Open-Politik

Babe Im Gonna Leave You
Coldplayer
Funny thing is it's called Cemeteries of LONDON, but it doesn't really sound that british at all!
True hahah. My bro said it sounded like a movie sountrack. Its sounds great. And the movie will be enticed by like 255 percen just cus of the soundtrack!!!!!

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
they havent played this song live yet have they?

djibou

This Is Bigger Than Us
Coldplayer
Yeah! That's what I also thought :D
Some Wild West scenario, with a lonesome rider ;)
Haha totally :)
With the ghost and mystery part, it'd be perfect for a lonesome cowboy entering a city haunted by Indians spirit and all :p

It's amazing to see how Coldplay can develop our imagination just by their music.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
Didn't Chris say in an interview that is was about Witch hangings and how scary it was that people were just getting hanged out of fear? I really seem to remember that, so I picture Witches in London especially during these lines:

At night they would go walking
‘Til the breaking of the day,
So we rode down to the river
Where Victorian ghosts pray
For their curses to be broken
We go underneath the arches
Where the witches are and they say
There are ghost towns in the ocean

Kind of scary when you really think about it...:stunned:

valetita

:)
Coldplayer
i can't get over the feeling that this song sounds like it could come out in a pirate movie like Pirates Of the Caribbean,.. anyone else agree?
I thought that too!!.. :laugh3:
this song it's the best after strawberry swing..:

I'ts such a Perfect Day :D

Mig-El

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
it should be called Cemeteries OF Madrid or spain or something, it sounds spanish like

stingfan

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I would agree with the Western sound. There is a PS2 game called Darkwatch that this song immediately put in my mind. The game is a 1st person shooter where you are a gunfighter/newly made vampire in a Gothic Western scenario . The gunslinger has to battle his way through graveyards and ghost-towns, fighting skeletons, undead riders, banshees, etc. The game is perhaps too violent for some, but my son and I used to enjoy it. After listening to "Cemeteries" we immediately dusted it off and played it for a few hours.

On a side note, you don't know how special it is for me to be able to bond with my 14-year-old son over things like the music of Coldplay.

Elyria

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone else here feel the flamenco kind of flavor to this...or is it just me? It's in 3/4 time...hm.

Daylight Shadows

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't believe that this song has much in common with flamenco...
yeah, there are claps and a faster rhythm, but Cemeteries of London is a lot better than any other kind of flamenco.

I love this mysterious feeling that remains in this song, it's like a night anthem...